X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AEV Dave
    Administrator
    • Sep 2007

Brute TrayBed

Here is something we're looking into that some of you may find interesting. It needs some changes here and there but its got serious potential. The traybed nearly doubles the useable space and is half the weight. It may also offer a considerable savings. The look is something more Australian so US guys may not like the look as much. I'll post more as it develops.

Click image for larger version

Name:	AEV_2115.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	316.9 KB
ID:	189072

Name:	AEV_2117s.jpg
Size:	234.7 KB
ID:	189073

Name:	AEV_2118.jpg
Size:	257.3 KB
ID:	189074

Name:	AEV_2120.jpg
Size:	305.7 KB
ID:	189075

Name:	AEV_2123.jpg
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	189076
    2015 Ram 3500 Cab Chassis SRW
    2009 Brute DoubleCab 5.7VVT Supercharged, 37s
    2015 KTM 1190 Adventure R
    2013 KTM 450XC-W
  • xtrmtj
    • Dec 2008

Brutiful! I just want everyone to realize what a top notch company both AEV and UTE ltd. I contacted Randy a month ago asking if this was a posibility. Next thing I know he's cordnating with AEV and driving a bed to Montana to test fit. Amazing... Great pictures. And I really like that color on that Brute!

Comment

• krobinson
      • Sep 2009

It needs a skirt at the bottom of it to cover the gaps in the frame. If I would send that kind of money I would want it cleaner looking. The bed looks well made. Just my opinion.

Comment

• 4Low-Dean
        • Mar 2010

Originally posted by krobinson
        It needs a skirt at the bottom of it to cover the gaps in the frame. If I would send that kind of money I would want it cleaner looking. The bed looks well made. Just my opinion.
        Agreed... and maybe a small cargo box that goes under the front part of the bed. perfect spot for long tools like shovels, or a hi-lift... or maybe two smaller boxes. seems like the body mounts could easily be modded to work with something "usable" there.

Comment

• AEV Dave
          Administrator
          • Sep 2007

It needs a few things, thats why its here and not for sale (yet)

dh
          2013 KTM 450XC-W

Comment

• MoparNorm
            • Aug 2010

How much would it cost to anodize that shinny box in a OD Green color.
            Crew Chief Ultra 4 4500 Class
            4540 Motorsports

Comment

• imajeepnut
              • Mar 2008

It certainly adds function to the kit. I'm thinking more of a "stake" side with higher rails for hauling hay, bark, stuff.... and then dump it when you get where you're going I still want that dump option!

What are we rated to carry(loaded) in this scenario Dave?
              '52 Willys M38
              '54 Willys pickup stock
              '69 Jeepster Commando
              '83 CJ-7 Laredo, 30K Original survivor, near mint
              '84 CJ-7 Laredo, 60K original, Sebring red, auto, A/C
              '88 XJ lifted, locked, & winched both ends
              '03 TJ Rubicon, 315's, winched both ends, 2500 miles
              '05 LJ Unlimited Rubicon Sahara ready to be modified
              '08 JKU Rubicon JK350, 5.7 Hemi, 4.5" w/37's, Savegres, Dynatrac Pro Rock w/RCV's, 4.88's, camper special!
              My Jeeps...
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/20472512@N02/

Comment

• forsakenfuture
                • Nov 2007

I like that your posting sorta "concept" picture.I wish AEV would do this with more of their products to get customer feedback.
                "Don't wish for it,work for it."
                2014 Ram Power Wagon

Comment

• djb_rh
                  • Jul 2008

Damn. I really like it. I assume those sides and tailgate are fairly easily removable, too?

How about an optional "dip" as far as you can do one (if there's a reasonable amount available) in the front area of the tray so you could strap a spare tire against the headache rack and still potentially see over it out the rear view mirror? Enough room to make a 37" workable, anyway? I'm thinking not since the frame rails are fairly close, but...

And if you got the dip, perhaps some sort of cover for the dip that's removable for when you DON'T have the spare in there?

--Donnie

Comment

• AEV Dave
                    Administrator
                    • Sep 2007

The floor is an extrusion, so you would probably loose some critical strength the way it is designed, but to be honest, a 37" tire placed directly behind the driver was barely visible. The mirrors do need to be extended slightly however.

Name:	AEV_2106.jpg
Size:	137.4 KB
ID:	170955

dh
                    2013 KTM 450XC-W

Comment

• djb_rh
                      • Jul 2008

Oh heck. That's even better.

Damn, I might have to do that if it comes to pass. It doesn't look quite as "cool" as a normal Brute bed, but it's WAY more useful that way.

Wonder if there's a way to sanely "hang" a Hi-Lift under the bed somehow? Or heck, I guess sticking it beside the spare up against the headache rack would work well, too. Wow, I really dig this.

--Donnie

Comment

• djb_rh
                        • Jul 2008

Dave, you think you could post a 90 degree profile picture? I'm curious what one would look like with a shorter version of this bed on an LJ length frame (no frame extension, shorter bed, Brute cab). I'm guessing someone like jsherb might be able to fairly accurately photoshop that if I asked nicely.

--Donnie

Comment

• Rus
                          • Sep 2009

This is awesome....body-colored powdercoated tray, maybe Line-Xed inside, dual spares against the rack, some fenders and storage boxes underneath, and a rear bumper with taillights. That will make a great work-truck.

Comment

• MoparNorm
                            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Rus
                            This is awesome....body-colored powdercoated tray, maybe Line-Xed inside, dual spares against the rack, some fenders and storage boxes underneath, and a rear bumper with taillights. That will make a great work-truck.
                            Not sure that Power Coating will last very long on aluminum, but anodizing will.
                            H1 rear bumpers were powder coated aluminum, it fell off in just a few months during actual use.
                            Crew Chief Ultra 4 4500 Class
                            4540 Motorsports

Comment

• xtrmtj
                              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by AEV Dave
                              The floor is an extrusion, so you would probably loose some critical strength the way it is designed, but to be honest, a 37" tire placed directly behind the driver was barely visible. The mirrors do need to be extended slightly however.

[ATTACH]1601[/ATTACH]

dh
                              That's a 37 you got up there in the picture!? You weren't kidding when you said that bed was huge!! My minds been racing at all the goodies it'll be able to carry. Tj towing mirrors!!

got called this am that my frame kit shipped. Got all the parts online to start the mods. I just gotta get home!!!

Comment

Working...