Back-Up Camera

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Esuds
    • Dec 2012

I installed the mygig lockpick with a camera I mounted above the aev 3rd brake light, so far has worked great, also set up a baby camera on the dome light to keep an eye on my 8 month old. Both cameras work great with the lockpick, the reverse camera is the small camera from the ppl that make the lockpick and the baby cam is from amazon(Pyle I believe), the Pyle is junk when it's dark but it was only like $5.00, the lockpick camera is pretty good quality in light and dark. Definitely interested in what aev is doing though.

Comment

• jadkar
      • Feb 2012

lockpick is not compatible with my 6spd. I have been waiting over a year and they have not fixed the incompatibility. I am waiting to hear how AEV integrates the camera into the electronics and as long as its not 950- I'm in!!
      2012 JKU Arctic Edition 4.5" AEV / Clayton combo, 37" IROKs, ProRock 44, ARB Locked, + some stuff
      2006 BMW M6 - SMG
      2014 Acura MDX
      1990 Honda CRX Si bored / stroked / supercharged ITR

Comment

• Esuds
        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by jadkar
        lockpick is not compatible with my 6spd. I have been waiting over a year and they have not fixed the incompatibility. I am waiting to hear how AEV integrates the camera into the electronics and as long as its not 950- I'm in!!
        Ah gotcha, didn't know it wasn't compatible with the 6spd

Comment

• automaticSuperstatic
          • Jan 2012

I've got a cheap camera that I had originally planned to mount my CHMSL. It was way too high though. I wouldn't see a small kid or anything else within 10' unless I aimed it straight down. Hopefully this AEV unit has some incredible view angles or something.

Comment

• Esuds
            • Dec 2012

Looks like 499 for the camera and 899 for the camera with monitor in the rear view mirror, I could only upload one pic at a time so I'll try again to post the other pic
            Attached Files

Comment

• Esuds
              • Dec 2012

Here is the other pic
              Attached Files

Comment

• Esuds
                • Dec 2012

I was looking at the pdf of the product catalog on aev's website and saw the info on the new camera

Comment

• aristobrat
                  • Sep 2010

Originally posted by krobinson
                  Welcome Distrubing has backup cameras

check them out, I was talking to the guy at the PA Jeep Show here is the website. Hope this helps

http://www.welcomedistributing.com
                  Hmm, I swear their website had an area dedicate to rearview mirrors w/ camera displays in them earlier this week. Now I can only find one, and I have to use the search feature to find it.
                  '10 JKU Rubicon/auto/5.13s - AEV 4.5 + 37 KM2s (on Pintlers), AEV Front Bumper/Skid/Warn 9.5ti, AEV Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier, AEV Diff Skid, PS Evap Skid, Rock Hard Oil/Tran/Cat Skid

Comment

• aristobrat
                    • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Esuds
                    I was looking at the pdf of the product catalog on aev's website and saw the info on the new camera
                    Thanks for the pics. Do you have a link to that catalog? When I look at what they have for the product catalog, it's completely different.
                    '10 JKU Rubicon/auto/5.13s - AEV 4.5 + 37 KM2s (on Pintlers), AEV Front Bumper/Skid/Warn 9.5ti, AEV Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier, AEV Diff Skid, PS Evap Skid, Rock Hard Oil/Tran/Cat Skid

Comment

• Esuds
                      • Dec 2012

I went to vehicles, then clicked on full specs and options (PDF), here is the link I copied

Comment

• aristobrat
                        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Esuds
                        I went to vehicles, then clicked on full specs and options (PDF), here is the link I copied
                        http://www.aev-conversions.com/pdf/a..._guide_r14.pdf
                        Thank you! I was looking at Products > Download Catalog
                        Attached Files

Comment

• JeepinJon
                          • Nov 2007

Also the pricing listed in the catalog is installed price on conversions and doesn't reflect the retail price of just the part. Once AEV releases it for the home installer it will probably be less money.
                          Jon

2008 Rubicon Unlimited
                          4.5" AEV lift, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, AEV front/rear bumpers, AEV Corners, Factory Ten Axle Shafts.

Comment

• aristobrat
                            • Sep 2010

True, forgot that about the price.

Curious to see if the camera comes with the CHMSL, or if that's separate.

I relocated my license plate to the spare tire and am using another CHMSL that includes a light for the license plate. I'm interested in the AEV camera, but not their CHMSL.

Comment

• ryancrouch
                              • Apr 2008

Wonder what else they have planned for Sema??? Hmmm...

Comment

• JeepinJon
                                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by ryancrouch
                                Wonder what else they have planned for Sema??? Hmmm...
                                The main focus this year will be the Brute being in production (last year it was still a prototype). Other than that it will just be smaller items that most of us have already seen like the backup camera, new floormats and cargo mat, and those items.
                                Jon

2008 Rubicon Unlimited
                                4.5" AEV lift, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, AEV front/rear bumpers, AEV Corners, Factory Ten Axle Shafts.

Comment

Working...