Go Back   American Expedition Vehicles - Product Forums > American Expedition Vehicles > AEV News, Events and Forum Rules

Unread 06-12-2014, 07:52 AM
Web & Video

Default AEV Customer Tour : Public Signup

AEV Announces Public Signup for AEV Customer Tours

Enter for a chance to be invited to an AEV Customer Tour! Public sign up is open - you can enter here (email, phone, first and last name required). This is a lottery style system - we will randomly pick people to invite one-to-two months prior to a tour.

If you are interested in participating in an AEV Customer Tour, there are a few requirements:
  1. You must have a JK Wrangler (2007+)
  2. Your JK must be outfitted with AT LEAST AEV's Wheels and AEV's Front and Rear Bumpers
  3. Your JK cannot be outfitted with certain competing/conflicting products such as non-AEV hoods, non-AEV snorkels, non-AEV roof racks, aftermarket fender flares, aftermarket side-steps and possibly other products. If in doubt, please ask us and we'll address it with you.
  4. Your JK cannot be outfitted with tires that are larger than 37-inches in diameter
  5. AEV cannot allow the participation of minors or pets
  6. AEV does not allow consumption of alcoholic beverages on the trail
  7. Participants are expected to come equipped with a) 1-gallon of water per person per day. b) basic automotive tool kit. c) proper clothing for both very cold and very hot conditions. d) current proof of auto insurance. e) hand-held 2-way radio that is frs/gmrs frequency compatible. f) safe, functional spare tire. g) basic first aid kit. h) shovel. i) leather gloves. j) spare oil, coolant and transmission fluid. k) properly tied-down cargo.
  8. AEV’s tours are guided by experienced, professional guides, but it is important to note that off-road driving is inherently dangerous and even with good guidance, your safety cannot be guaranteed.
  9. AEV will be documenting the entire tour with photography and videography and participants will have access to both products when they are released. You must sign a waiver and release form.
  10. If we haven't scared you away by now, please sign up for a chance to attend below!

*Terms and conditions are subject to change.
Unread 06-12-2014, 08:30 AM
Web & Video

To clarify, you're signing up for any future AEV Customer Tour. We will pick randomly from the list of people who sign-up. We only have X number of spots open per trip... and we hold multiple AEV Customer Tours throughout the year. Upon selection, you'll receive an email detailing the trip's location, dates and full itinerary.
Unread 06-12-2014, 12:05 PM

Move to Georgia and I'm in
Unread 06-12-2014, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneeman View Post
Move to Georgia and I'm in
I think they move them around to various parts of the country, so there might be one in the South East.

2008 Rubicon Unlimited
4.5" AEV lift, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, AEV front/rear bumpers, AEV Corners, Factory Ten Axle Shafts.
Unread 06-12-2014, 01:21 PM

I don't really have sidesteps. Would this qualify?

http://youtu.be/sIgUwbmUTck
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20140607_11_13_16_Pro.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	125.6 KB
ID:	10713  

Last edited by wannarun; 06-12-2014 at 01:28 PM.
Unread 06-12-2014, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannarun View Post
I don't really have sidesteps. Would this qualify?

http://youtu.be/sIgUwbmUTck
I have asked a similar question through a PM, and it sounds like rocker guards are going to be evaluated on a case by case basis if they are non-Rubicon rails. It makes sense because this is an opportunity for AEV to get photos and vidoe for marketing purposes, and they don't want to advertise other brands.

2008 Rubicon Unlimited
4.5" AEV lift, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, AEV front/rear bumpers, AEV Corners, Factory Ten Axle Shafts.
Unread 06-12-2014, 03:32 PM

Will any of these tours be in the New England area? If not, would you consider doing one here? I would love to sign up and take my JKU350 if the tour was within a day drive for me.
Unread 06-12-2014, 07:08 PM

Sign me up!...3 years putting my 12 together. Looking forward to meeting other AEVers on the trails.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012dreamjk.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	10715  
2016 RAM 2500 6.7 TD (Darth Vader)

2014 GC Overland..... The wife's wheels
Unread 06-16-2014, 01:00 PM

It's too bad you are eliminating potential customers right off the bat…I plan on getting Bead Lock Pintlers as money comes in, but I have a stock Rubicon X and don't see the need to replace my bumpers since they are steel and winch ready.
I will need everything for my stock jeep, but you seem to not want us to see and evaluate your products in person?
What a shame, I would think you would want to meet and greet those that are new to Jeep and looking to build their jeeps up.
Unread 06-16-2014, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macaw1us View Post
It's too bad you are eliminating potential customers right off the bat…I plan on getting Bead Lock Pintlers as money comes in, but I have a stock Rubicon X and don't see the need to replace my bumpers since they are steel and winch ready.
I will need everything for my stock jeep, but you seem to not want us to see and evaluate your products in person?
What a shame, I would think you would want to meet and greet those that are new to Jeep and looking to build their jeeps up.
These events are designed for a couple of things:
  1. Marketing (taking pictures and video for the website, catalogs, etc...)
  2. Show users what AEV components are capable of.

Since the group sizes need to be limited I understand the need for this. If you want to see an evaluate their products in person there are many other AEV events, like EJS, Overland Expo (both east and west coast), along with the dozen or so other events listed on the AEV website.

2008 Rubicon Unlimited