Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JeepinJon
    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by ryancrouch
    Any pics of Dave's Ram? I'd love to see what it looks like.
    When I saw it was similar to the one in the picture, but on 42" MTR-K tires and was a 2006 so it didn't have nearly as much of the items needed as current diesels. He also had started with a 2500 diesel and put in power wagon axles and sway bar disco so he had something better than you can buy off the shelf. At the time he was using an ARB fron bumper.

We talked about it for a bit and to get the 42" tires to work it required a 3" stretch up front, and he had to redesign the steering which took quite a while to complete.

I think that the first time I saw Dave starting to work on the Ram was back in 2011 or 2012 when I went to visit, and at that time it was primarily for him to use as an expedition vehicle. I saw a lot of things that is seems like he took away from the trip to Iceland and incorporated into the Ram concept. Speaking of which the wheel name (Katla) came from one of the Volcanos of Iceland.

What you have seen here so far isn't even the best item that Dave is working on, but I will let them spill the beans on that if it ever comes to fruition.
    Last edited by JeepinJon; 11-04-2013, 11:52 AM.
    Jon

2008 Rubicon Unlimited
    4.5" AEV lift, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, AEV front/rear bumpers, AEV Corners, Factory Ten Axle Shafts.

Comment

• inline6
      • Jan 2009

Looks great, more specifics on the parts coming out would great.

Keep expanding the product line
      03 TJ
      04.5 dodge
      11 JKU gone
      17 JKU, ult 60

Comment

• Edge Hawk
        • Sep 2012

So, it says it's a suspension lift, but then I saw that it will retain factory springs,

3" spacers in the front, 2" in the rear???
        2014 Red JKUR
        AEV rear bumper
        AEV rear diff skid

2012 4-Door Silver MW3 Traded in 6/14
        2011 JK Detonator Yellow 4-Door - sold 4/12
        2007 JK Silver 2-Door - sold 4/11

Comment

• AEVCorey
          • May 2013

Originally posted by Edge Hawk
          So, it says it's a suspension lift, but then I saw that it will retain factory springs,

3" spacers in the front, 2" in the rear???
          It is a spacer lift, but not like what you are use too. The front axle has been moved forward to gain better wheel clearance and there has been a lot of geometry changes. The reason behind the stock springs is due the the huge variety of spring rate offer by Ram. On just the 2500 there is 37 different spring combos. We hope that the whole Ram product line is going to be a game changer for the truck world.
          Last edited by AEVCorey; 11-05-2013, 07:31 AM.

Comment

• lucky73
            • Mar 2012

ford raptor Vs this

Comment

• JeepinJon
              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by AEVCorey
              It is a spacer lift, but not like what you are use too. The front axle has been pushed forward about an 1.5" and there has been a lot of geometry changes. The reason behind the stock springs is due the the huge variety of spring rate offer by Ram. On just the 2500 there is 37 different spring combos. We hope that the whole Ram product line is going to be a game changer for the truck world.
              I know that Dave was saying he spent over a month just on the geometry because of the stretch.. With all of the engine, body, and upfitting combinations out there it makes sense to stick with a spacer instead of trying to find a happy medium on the springs.
              Jon

2008 Rubicon Unlimited
              4.5" AEV lift, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, AEV front/rear bumpers, AEV Corners, Factory Ten Axle Shafts.

Comment

• automaticSuperstatic
                • Jan 2012

A million times better than that "Ram Sun Chaser" Chrysler is bringing to SEMA.

Comment

• epiccosmo
                  • Jan 2012

Originally posted by lucky73
                  ford raptor Vs this
                  Not comparable. Both trucks are meant for totally different purposes.

Comment

• JeepinJon
                    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by automaticSuperstatic
                    A million times better than that "Ram Sun Chaser" Chrysler is bringing to SEMA.
                    I agree.

Originally posted by epiccosmo
                    Correct. As far as aesthetics I prefer the looks of this truck, but the Raptor is meant to go fast in the desert with little to no loads. The Ram is meant to be able to go a long ways with a load to support an expedition or overland style trip.
                    Jon

2008 Rubicon Unlimited

Comment

• Ivanko
                      • May 2008

Originally posted by epiccosmo
                      With the revised Hemi for 2014 in the Power Wagon, it's closer than you might think:

"As a factory-prepped off-roading pickup Power Wagon has only one rival - the Ford F-150 SVT Raptor. It isn't quite a direct comparison, as the Raptor is designed for high-speed, Baja 1000-style desert antics, while the Power Wagon is in its element when scrambling through mud or clawing over rocks"

That said, they still aren't in the same ballpark, however I would consider them next door. The nice thing is there is an option for buyers looking for a rig like the Ram
                      Last edited by Ivanko; 11-04-2013, 03:04 PM.
                      Jeep Green 2008 JKU with a bunch of AEV stuff

Comment

• ryancrouch
                        • Apr 2008

Originally posted by JeepinJon

What you have seen here so far isn't even the best item that Dave is working on, but I will let them spill the beans on that if it ever comes to fruition.
                        Oh that is so mean!!! There goes your Christmas present!!!

Comment

• Matt H
                          • Jun 2012

What are the chances this goes from "concept" to production?
                          It's about time to replace my F-250 and this is a perfect fit.

Comment

• PhillyAEV
                            • Jun 2013

Originally posted by JeepinJon
                            I agree.

Correct. As far as aesthetics I prefer the looks of this truck, but the Raptor is meant to go fast in the desert with little to no loads. The Ram is meant to be able to go a long ways with a load to support an expedition or overland style trip.
                            True, but some people have bought the Raptor for this purpose. I know I did. I don't have any deserts near me. I'm not building a full on rig. But I am building something I can drive and camp from PA to Alaska and be able to handle light trails. I was about to pull the trigger on a AEV Rubicon but felt the raptor fit my needs better. If this Ram was out I might have went in that direction. Looks like it has the potential to be an awesome rig. Who knows.....I may buy one.
                            Last edited by PhillyAEV; 11-04-2013, 06:03 PM.

Comment

• m(a)ce
                              • Apr 2010

^^^ the new location looks great. hopefully you guys will post up finished pics ^^^

I've been more of a Jeep guy than a truck guy... but this could convert me

Comment

• silent one
                                • Mar 2010

Just needs some AEV stacks for the diesel models, lol.

Sent via smoke signals

Comment

Working...