Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • porter
    • Feb 2012

That can't be safe?

Had my AEV 3.5" lift installed at the local AEV certified shop but the brake line routing seems unsafe to my eye. At first the line was way to close to the tire. I asked them to check it and now the brake line rubs below the shock. Neither of these seem like safe options. The AEV instructions say to route the line on the other side of the shock and zip tie the line to the spring. Since this is an official AEV installer I would have expected them to know that. Before I take this thing back a third time I thought I would ask the experts. Is it safe as is?
    Attached Files
  • jeffd
    • Nov 2012

Hell no. Teraflex makes an awesome brake line holder just for this problem. Curious why you did not use the aev tuned bilstiens? I am absolutely loving how mine feel. I kind of thought the "tuned" for the aev coils was just a gimmick but after having them I believe it is the real deal. Any way you need to do something with your brake lines and these are awesome and only $20.
    Of course TeraFlex has the life saving answer to the Brake Line issues that have stumped Jeepers since the dawn of time. Watch and behold the future!JK Front...
    Last edited by jeffd; 05-16-2017, 07:26 AM.

Comment

• Panhead5
      • Sep 2011

Real bunch of experts here !!! LOL !!

Comment

• porter
        • Feb 2012

Originally posted by jeffd
        Hell no. Teraflex makes an awesome brake line holder just for this problem. Curious why you did not use the aev tuned bilstiens? I am absolutely loving how mine feel. I kind of thought the "tuned" for the aev coils was just a gimmick but after having them I believe it is the real deal. Any way you need to do something with your brake lines and these are awesome and only $20.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcPssMzNir8
        That looks like exactly what I need. Ordered one today. Also, those are AEV tuned Bilstiens . . . the remote reservoir versions. And I agree they are very nice.

Ultimate Lift Kit for a Day Off-Road or a Night on the Town! Off-Road Capable, Yet On Road Enjoyable! Complete Wrangler JK Suspension Package Includes: Bilstein Remote Reservoir Shocks Up to 35" Tires (3.5" Lift), or 37" Tires (4.5" Lift) Fits: 2007-2018 Jeep Wrangler JK & JK Unlimited 2012+ 4-Door Models Require Y-Pipe for 4.5" Lift
        Attached Files
        Last edited by porter; 05-16-2017, 06:18 PM.

Comment

• Jdemonto
          • Nov 2007

Loosing brakes is no fun! Sounds like quality job!
          Jason De Monto
          Trail Concepts
          480-788-7245
          2015 Jeep Rubicon
          Baja Yellow
          Dual Sport 106

Comment

• JeepinJon
            • Nov 2007

I am not going to say they put them on wrong, but I will say that when putting on stainless lines you can put a twist in the line to that as the suspension cycles the line will pull itself in or out. Looks like they have the twist the wrong way.
            Jon

2008 Rubicon Unlimited
            4.5" AEV lift, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, AEV front/rear bumpers, AEV Corners, Factory Ten Axle Shafts.

Comment

• porter
              • Feb 2012

I got my "Front Brake Line Anchor Kit" today and it's a no go. There is not enough slack in the brake line to droop turn and loop through the anchor. On closer inspection I think the connection to the caliper might be on backwards. I wonder if the driver side line was installed on the passenger side and vice versa? But I am no mechanic.

Click image for larger version

Name:	132845b.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	187333

Click image for larger version

Name:	193024c.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	187330
              Last edited by porter; 05-20-2017, 07:07 PM.

Comment

• PLucas
                • Jun 2015

Originally posted by porter
                I got my "Front Brake Line Anchor Kit" today and it's a no go. There is not enough slack in the brake line to droop turn and loop through the anchor. On closer inspection I think the connection to the caliper might be on backwards. I wonder if the driver side line was installed on the passenger side and vice versa? But I am no mechanic.

[ATTACH]22374[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]22367[/ATTACH]

I have to agree (not enough slack).

Line length?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Jdemonto
                  • Nov 2007

They look backwards
                  Jason De Monto
                  Trail Concepts
                  480-788-7245