Go Back   American Expedition Vehicles - Product Forums > All AEV Products > Ram, Prospector, Recruit Parts & Product Discussion

Unread 03-10-2017, 08:55 PM

You need to pull the cab in order to do the engine work?
Unread 03-10-2017, 09:00 PM

you have to take the cab off to do the engine work?
Unread 03-11-2017, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Power Products View Post
I couldn't take it anymore, we have a snow wheeling trip lined up this weekend and I needed to have my winch. The boys at Warn say go prepared so I got the color matched bumper 90% installed last night after work. Looks so much better now, just need to get the switch panel sorted out and get some lighting going. I'll be pulling the cab to do the engine work so I'm not to worried about the bumper. Turbo kit and all the trans components just showed up, Monday will be transmission day and Tuesday will be baseline dyno day. I'll be posting up pics from this weekends snow adventure.
looks very good with the color matched bumper. Has a more high end look to it! Great work!
Unread 03-13-2017, 11:18 AM

Default Diesel Power Products XL build

For the engine work that I will be doing pulling the cab will make it easier in the long run. I'm going to be adding quite a bit of power so I need to change some of the engine internals. You have to pull the motor in order to do that because the lower cross member is to close to the oilpan to be able to do it in the vehicle. The little work that it will take to pull the cab is much better then reassembling the motor in the frame a piece at a time. I would much rather put the motor completely built back in the truck then put the cab back on. Much easier and cleaner in the long run.
Unread 03-13-2017, 11:54 AM

Pic of the bumper finished minus the light bezel's which need some modifying for my lighting package. Also some pics from playing in the snow. Those little jeeps wouldn't have made it on their own. It was awesome out, mid 40's for temps we got up in elevation and had to play with tire pressure a little more but tow XL packages are definitely unstoppable. Great times, if you haven't yet you should really get our and use these bad boys.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1252.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	133.7 KB
ID:	21677  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1272.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	21678  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1268.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	21679  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1267.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	21680  
Unread 03-13-2017, 06:50 PM

Is the nomad still for sale?
Unread 03-14-2017, 10:54 AM

nice pictures!! Love the snow wheeling! You should get us a pic with all the XLs lined up!
Unread 03-14-2017, 11:31 AM

No the Nomad is not for sale, the new owner was out wheeling it with me this last weekend. We are pretty good at building new ones though. Thanks on the pics, we will definitely have more soon with all of the builds, Howitzer, Mine "Sledge", the Nomad XXL, and a couple more being built shortly. By mid summer you should see a whole Gaggle of them out on an exploratory camping weekend. Last nights progress was a factory dual alternator install. Had the dealership turn on the circuit and I ordered up the mounting bracket with hardware, secondary location alternator, extended belt, and power cable. This way if I'm winching and I decide I want to listen to music, turn all my lights on, have an ARB fridge freezer, and possibly run a small village I can do it all at the same time. Sweet install, super easy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1275.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	21684  
Unread 03-14-2017, 08:49 PM

Nomad XXL? What's, a Mega Cab long bed?

Or maybe a 5500 build.....
Unread 03-15-2017, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Power Products View Post
No the Nomad is not for sale, the new owner was out wheeling it with me this last weekend. We are pretty good at building new ones though. Thanks on the pics, we will definitely have more soon with all of the builds, Howitzer, Mine "Sledge", the Nomad XXL, and a couple more being built shortly. By mid summer you should see a whole Gaggle of them out on an exploratory camping weekend. Last nights progress was a factory dual alternator install. Had the dealership turn on the circuit and I ordered up the mounting bracket with hardware, secondary location alternator, extended belt, and power cable. This way if I'm winching and I decide I want to listen to music, turn all my lights on, have an ARB fridge freezer, and possibly run a small village I can do it all at the same time. Sweet install, super easy.
OK, so now you got me interested. I was thinking about doing this too as my truck only has the 180 Amp alternator. So it is as easy as getting the bracket, the alternator, a longer belt and power cable and have the dealership adapt the computer? That is it?

Any more info on this swap? maybe via PM? Thanks a lot!