Go Back   American Expedition Vehicles - Product Forums > AEV For Sale > Preowned AEV Wrangler/Brute Double Cab for Sale

Unread 04-03-2017, 11:11 AM

Default '98 AEV Brute, with UTE bed - For Sale

So we are all clear, this is neither my Brute nor a Brute that we built. I have just offered to help Frank list it here in the AEV Forums page, so here’s the details of the Brute for sale.

It’s a 1998 Jeep Wrangler converted into an AEV Brute truck but instead of using the Brute bed this Brute runs a UTE Aluminum tray back bed instead. Very usable bed that is quite tough and allows easy loading of things if you care to use this Brute as truck for hauling stuff, like it was meant to be…

Engine: Stock 4.0L with roughly 70K, borla ceramic coated header, Live wire ignition, dual optima yellow top, Kilby On Board air with 2.5g tank, ARB safari snorkel, Gibson aluminum radiator, PSC high flow pump with reservoir, MORE motor mounts

Transmission: New AX15 bought from Advance Adapters, Daystar poly mount

Transfer case: Atlas II 3:0 Highlander

Rear axle: DynaTrac Pro Rock 60, 4:56 geared, ARB, 35 splined, Trophy truck full float, J8 military 16" disc brakes, 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern

Front axle: Curry 9" with Ford super duty Dana 60 outers, 4:56 geared, ARB, 35 splined inner and outer shafts, Wilwood disc brakes, Curry RockJock steering, Curry RockJock trac bar brace, PSC hydro assist

Suspension: AEV Nth Degree 4.5" coils with a AEV Nth Degree Rear Spring Relocators kit, ACOS air bump kit in the front, KING 2.5" remote reservoir shocks, Curry anti-rock front and rear, Rear has a Rubicon Express long arm 3 link system with Clayton Offroad custom High clearance lower arms, Front is also a custom 3 link with Clayton Offroad high clearance lower arms.

Misc: ARB Bullbar, Warn 9500 winch, Trailready 17" Aluminum Beadlocks, 37" BFG mud terrains (40% left) UTE Aluminum tray back bed, Trucklite LED headlights and GenRight fuel tank and skid plate.

I am sure I’m forgetting several additional add’ons but the Brute overall is in sound condition and runs great. The body has no major dents, however the paint is not perfect and certainly would look great with a fresh paintjob. There are blemishes in the paint but nothing major. The interior has no carpet and the Corbeau seats are ripped in a few spots. It would make for a great project to restore with fresh paint or simply continue to use it as its been built to be used. Recently it’s been used it as a primary daily driver and also for the occasional wheeling adventure, when needed.

As we all know, AEV just stopped producing the Double Cab Brute's and know one really know how much longer they will be making the TJ Brute stuff. Here's your chance to get one at a great price with A LOT of Heavy Duty options!!

Asking $30K
Email: jeepers_73@yahoo.com

2007 5.7L HEMI Sahara Unlimited - Sold
2010 6.1L HEMI Rubicon Unlimited - Sold
2011 6.4L (392) HEMI Rubicon Unlimited - Sold
2002 4.0L AEV Brute - Sold
2003 6.4L "Stroker" HEMI AEV Brute - Sold
2005 4.0L SC AEV K9 Brute
2014 345 HEMI Rubicon Xpo Adventurer
2000 4.0L AEV 112 Long Wheelbase
2006 4.0L AEV Brute Rubicon

Last edited by Ben Hedrick; 04-03-2017 at 11:14 AM.