Go Back   American Expedition Vehicles - Product Forums > All AEV Products > JK Parts Discussion (2007+ Jeep Wrangler)

Unread 04-07-2017, 09:05 AM
Administrator

I just made some foot plates and bolted through the top railing of the bed with some fender washers, so far so good.

dh
2013 KTM 450XC-W
Unread 04-16-2017, 02:54 PM

I noticed that the backspacing/offset is different on the Borah vs the Pintlers, Savagres, etc. Is that a typo on the website, or is there really less backspacing on the new wheel?
Unread 04-17-2017, 07:43 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpoCrawler View Post
I noticed that the backspacing/offset is different on the Borah vs the Pintlers, Savagres, etc. Is that a typo on the website, or is there really less backspacing on the new wheel?
That is not a typo, we engineered the wheel in that manner. The Borah wheel has 4.59" of backspacing and unlike the other JK wheels we offer, it has +4mm offset instead of +10mm. In order to function as both a true beadlock wheel and a wheel with or without the protection ring, we made these adjustments knowing that the wheel is nearly an inch wider when running them as a true beadlock. We also made the wheels to these specs knowing they will also allow for a Dynatrac ProGrip brake kit to be installed or other brand brake kits.
cholt@aev-conversions.com
Unread 04-19-2017, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEV Chris View Post
That is not a typo, we engineered the wheel in that manner. The Borah wheel has 4.59" of backspacing and unlike the other JK wheels we offer, it has +4mm offset instead of +10mm. In order to function as both a true beadlock wheel and a wheel with or without the protection ring, we made these adjustments knowing that the wheel is nearly an inch wider when running them as a true beadlock. We also made the wheels to these specs knowing they will also allow for a Dynatrac ProGrip brake kit to be installed or other brand brake kits.
I hope they work with the Mopar Big Brake Kit.
Unread 04-19-2017, 09:02 AM

New to this forum and my first post here (I joined because of these wheels! Lol). I emailed because I desperately want these in bronze. Was told it's only on the anniversary JK (another jeep is way out of my budget). Anyone that buys one and doesn't want them I'll buy! AEV pretty please sell these in bronze!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unread 04-19-2017, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallgeese View Post
I hope they work with the Mopar Big Brake Kit.

If these wheels work with Dynatrac brakes I'm sure the Mopar Big Brake Kit will clear with no problem.
Unread 04-23-2017, 08:46 PM

Will the outer beadlock ring work with the Pintler beadlock will? If not is that ring still available?

Also, I'm horrible with backspacing does the Borah wheel stick out of more than other AEV wheels?
Unread 04-23-2017, 09:43 PM

The Borah sticks out an additional 6mm (1/4").
Unread 04-25-2017, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scbroder View Post
If these wheels work with Dynatrac brakes I'm sure the Mopar Big Brake Kit will clear with no problem.
Probably.

The Dynatrac uses the smaller stock caliber one an extension, and the Mopar is using the Dodge RAM calipers which are pretty good size. I know my stock 17" Rubicon wheel clears the BBK, by just a little....less than the thickness of a stick on wheel weight.

If there the Borah has at least the same inner profile as a stock wheel, then it would work, but AEV was unable to tell me that on the phone when I called. Actually, they wouldn't say that any of their wheels would/would not work with the Mopar BBK.
Unread 04-25-2017, 10:02 PM

Default New Borah Wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by spag View Post
Probably.

The Dynatrac uses the smaller stock caliber one an extension, and the Mopar is using the Dodge RAM calipers which are pretty good size. I know my stock 17" Rubicon wheel clears the BBK, by just a little....less than the thickness of a stick on wheel weight.

If there the Borah has at least the same inner profile as a stock wheel, then it would work, but AEV was unable to tell me that on the phone when I called. Actually, they wouldn't say that any of their wheels would/would not work with the Mopar BBK.

Obviously I can't say for sure since I don't have all the data, and I would check prior to install. Don't forget the rear Dynatrac rotors are larger than the front. I have the mopar bbk with the Dynatrac in the back. The rear has less clearance between the caliper and inner diameter of the wheel. I'm guessing the rear calipers are about 3/16 closer to the wheels then the fronts.

Last edited by scbroder; 04-26-2017 at 09:39 PM.