Go Back   American Expedition Vehicles - Product Forums > All AEV Products > Brute and Brute Double Cab Pickup Discussion

Unread 09-03-2015, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutal TJ View Post
I would have to think Jeep could offer a Wrangler based truck for less than the $42k AEV has their JK conversions priced at. Not to take anything away from AEV, I get there is $10k retail in parts + The Brute body/cab parts & labor in that price. I just think a "Wrangler truck" could be a very successful venture for Jeep that offers the masses an option at a reasonable price. IMO they should have done it years ago.
I totally agree with this . The economies of scale from a manufacturer would allow a less expensive product as opposed to a conversion from an outside source . I mean let's get serious can the Average Joe afford a BDC ?
Unread 09-08-2015, 08:15 AM

When I first saw this come up again I was a little disappointed to be honest. Not that Jeep "may" make a truck based off the Wrangler, but that that I just purchased a Brute Double Cab and love the uniqueness of it and was afraid it would loss that if Jeep does make a truck. I've since calmed down because the Wrangler itself is going to be a full redesign in 2017 and possibly quite different than what is currently considered a "Jeep" so even a Wrangler based truck will likely look very different from a BDC.

All that being said, if Jeep gets it right, it will probably be a huge success and something I may consider in the future (not that I ever intend on getting rid of the DBC)!!
Unread 09-12-2015, 06:23 PM

I love the Brute, but it's out of my price range. However, a Jeep Rubicon Truck might fit my budget. Imagine if they were really smart and put the EcoDiesel into the Rubicon Truck. A 25 - 30 mpg Wrangler Rubicon Pickup would be the fastest selling Jeep product ever made.
Truxedo Deuce Bed Cover with Bed Lights, Black Line-X Rocker Panel, Custom Built Rock Rails Sprayed with Line-X, Front & Rear Bumper and Grill sprayed with Line-X, Husky Mud Flaps, Four VisionX Xmitter Low Pro Prime XP LED Light Bars Behind the Grill, LED Lights Mounted in the Rear Bumper, Heated Seats, Interior LED Lighting, NAV-TV, Camera Mounted in Front Grill, Custom Headache Rack, AEV Raised Air Intake, Salta HD Wheels, 285/75/17 Toyo A/T II Tires
Unread 01-11-2016, 09:46 PM

Default 2017 Jeep Pickup is confirmed

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/bus...pass/78648152/
Unread 01-12-2016, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotmike View Post
If only it came with UD60 axles and a Hemi, wait i'm still asleep and dreaming.
Unread 01-12-2016, 10:02 AM

Sergio will hopefully deliver it to us with a diesel
Unread 01-12-2016, 11:31 AM

We will see what it offers and I will decide if I will get one then or not. At the rate the current Wrangler pricing has gone since I got mine in 2008 an average Rubi when the new ones come out could well be above $50K, and the pickup version above $55K, and I am not sure if I will be able to afford one.

2008 Rubicon Unlimited
4.5" AEV lift, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, AEV front/rear bumpers, AEV Corners, Factory Ten Axle Shafts.
Unread 01-12-2016, 06:08 PM

You guys seem to think Jeep is going to renege on today's announcement? I'm actually worried that BDC owners are now going to be driving 120k versions of Jeep's 40k offering. Sucks imho.
Unread 01-13-2016, 10:01 AM

Toyota sold 180k Tacoma's in 2015 (domestic total automobile sales were all time high 17.5 Million) and will be fun to see if Jeep can steal some market share from them with the pickup in 2017 - though they may steal from Dodge truck sales too. Rooting for the home team here...

Jeep sold around 200k Wranglers in 2015 domestically.

Last edited by lucky73; 01-13-2016 at 10:12 AM.
Unread 01-13-2016, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_blessing View Post
You guys seem to think Jeep is going to renege on today's announcement? I'm actually worried that BDC owners are now going to be driving 120k versions of Jeep's 40k offering. Sucks imho.
Since it will be the new platform I don't see how it would affect the BDC pricing that much. For comparison AEV started with TJ expansions, and even though Jeep eventually made the LJ the AEV variant still commands a premium, and I woudl assume the BDC would be in the same situation when this happens.

2008 Rubicon Unlimited
4.5" AEV lift, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, AEV front/rear bumpers, AEV Corners, Factory Ten Axle Shafts.