Go Back   American Expedition Vehicles - Product Forums > All AEV Products > JK Parts Discussion (2007+ Jeep Wrangler)

Unread 03-24-2017, 11:04 AM

Do we know if the 17 mopar headlight leds will work on pre 16 models with the dealer flash or we still getting flicker
Unread 03-25-2017, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hold24 View Post
Do we know if the 17 mopar headlight leds will work on pre 16 models with the dealer flash or we still getting flicker

Yes they will work just fine....I work at a dealer and done hundreds of the flashes to fix flickering led headlights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unread 04-13-2017, 02:19 PM

Well Gang,
I'm new to this forum but, not new to Jeeps and or, just about anything about them. However, I am also new to this "PWM" stuff, flicker, and LED headlights. I've also recently installed some '17 OEM LED headlights in our '15 JKUR. While I think the lights are far superior to the original Halogen junk, there is a tiny bit of flicker to the low beams. It's really not all that bad and, for the most part, I'd normally just let it go at that.

But, in reading that the "Flash" will cease the PWM, I've been lead to believe that because the PWM will be eliminated, the system will now provide max voltage to the headlights, no matter if they're LEDs or Halogens. That means my newly installed OEM LEDs will be even brighter. I have printed out the procedure for the tech at a dealership to use, just in case they're a bit foggy on just what to do. I'd sure like to be re-assured that this "flash" is a sure thing, before I approach our local dealership.
Scott
Unread 04-14-2017, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
Well Gang,

I'm new to this forum but, not new to Jeeps and or, just about anything about them. However, I am also new to this "PWM" stuff, flicker, and LED headlights. I've also recently installed some '17 OEM LED headlights in our '15 JKUR. While I think the lights are far superior to the original Halogen junk, there is a tiny bit of flicker to the low beams. It's really not all that bad and, for the most part, I'd normally just let it go at that.

But, in reading that the "Flash" will cease the PWM, I've been lead to believe that because the PWM will be eliminated, the system will now provide max voltage to the headlights, no matter if they're LEDs or Halogens. That means my newly installed OEM LEDs will be even brighter. I have printed out the procedure for the tech at a dealership to use, just in case they're a bit foggy on just what to do. I'd sure like to be re-assured that this "flash" is a sure thing, before I approach our local dealership.

Scott

It is a sure thing. It's an oem build code. I've literally done hundreds of them with perfect success. The leds however will not brighten up.....leds are either on or off....no in between

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tags
headlights, leds