Go Back   American Expedition Vehicles - Product Forums > All AEV Products > JK Parts Discussion (2007+ Jeep Wrangler)

Unread 04-14-2017, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrockjk View Post
Yes those are 37s. I would use caution having the dealer re-gear as most normal dealer techs don't have the experience/know how needed to properly re-gear one of these to a lower gear. Most techs only have experience rebuilding differentials with stock parts. Also most dealers would have no idea what a good gear set is for these and will probably be apt to buy the cheapest they can find which will only be issue for you down the road.

I'd be interest in what they are going to charge you to do the re-gear? I'm betting on the $2000-2500 range. Again I highly recommend spending that money on rubicon Dana 44 axles with 4.10 gears (which are just fine for 37s in Minnesota). I just did this exact swap on a customer's vehicle two weeks ago and he ended up only paying out-of-pocket about 2500 bucks all said and done once he sold his stock axles. You can find a set a Dana 44 Rubicon axles on eBay from a company out in Michigan for like 45 or $4800 shipped. In the end I think you would be much happier with Rubicon axles as you would gain an electric locker plus the 410 years plus heavier duty axle shafts front and rear to turn those 37 is even if you are just doing minor wheeling.

I'll pm you my phone number if you have any questions about this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Redrockjk
You have a PM.
Scott
Unread 04-14-2017, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
Redrockjk

You have a PM.

Scott

Sorry my pms aren't working real well. I pmd you back with my phone number so we can discuss

Unread 04-15-2017, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrockjk View Post
Yes those are 37s. I would use caution having the dealer re-gear as most normal dealer techs don't have the experience/know how needed to properly re-gear one of these to a lower gear. Most techs only have experience rebuilding differentials with stock parts. Also most dealers would have no idea what a good gear set is for these and will probably be apt to buy the cheapest they can find which will only be issue for you down the road.

I'd be interest in what they are going to charge you to do the re-gear? I'm betting on the $2000-2500 range. Again I highly recommend spending that money on rubicon Dana 44 axles with 4.10 gears (which are just fine for 37s in Minnesota). I just did this exact swap on a customer's vehicle two weeks ago and he ended up only paying out-of-pocket about 2500 bucks all said and done once he sold his stock axles. You can find a set a Dana 44 Rubicon axles on eBay from a company out in Michigan for like 45 or $4800 shipped. In the end I think you would be much happier with Rubicon axles as you would gain an electric locker plus the 410 years plus heavier duty axle shafts front and rear to turn those 37 is even if you are just doing minor wheeling.

I'll pm you my phone number if you have any questions about this.

Thanks for the help it looks like your PM is full. I ended up changing it up and now going with 4.56 gear.