Go Back   American Expedition Vehicles - Product Forums > All AEV Products > JK Parts Discussion (2007+ Jeep Wrangler)

Unread 10-10-2010, 06:55 PM

Any update on a no drill solution?
Unread 10-13-2010, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by utjeeper View Post
Any update on a no drill solution?
I can tell you that there will NOT be an updated mount to be compatible with the rear AEV bumper. There just isn't enough room in there with the water tanks/ mounting hardware for the bumper. GOBI went though a few different designs and the only one that worked is the drilled in application.

If you want to use the two products together, my suggestion (as already posted) purchase the AEV corner guards and use the shown drill in mount.

With the backing plate that GOBI includes and the AEV corner guards, that GOBI mount is very secure and won't be going anywhere.

If you have more GOBI related questions, please let me know and I can help out.
Unread 11-25-2010, 02:36 AM

Default I am also interested in the Gobi AEV combo.

This is wwhat is holding me up on my bumper replacement.. Like the AEV ones but might have to go with another brand. I believe the Gobi rack is the best out there and AEV has great products.
Unread 12-14-2010, 07:34 PM

Have you seen the photo of the JK with AEV rear bumper and GOBI rack installed on the GOBI web site? It is in their photos area. It looks like it is attached to the frame, but hard to tell by the photo.
Did someone come up with a way to mount to the frame? Curious.
Unread 12-14-2010, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtntrekker View Post
Have you seen the photo of the JK with AEV rear bumper and GOBI rack installed on the GOBI web site? It is in their photos area. It looks like it is attached to the frame, but hard to tell by the photo.
Did someone come up with a way to mount to the frame? Curious.
I will find out in the AM as I will be up there again. I do quite a few projects/ sell their racks as well. Feel free to email with Q's. tim@expedtionhardware.com
Unread 12-15-2010, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timgco View Post
I will find out in the AM as I will be up there again. I do quite a few projects/ sell their racks as well. Feel free to email with Q's. tim@expedtionhardware.com
ADD:

The owner of this truck is in Germany from what GOBI told me. There is no updated bracket that is compatible with the AEV bumper with a NO drill design. So if you want this rack/ bumper combo, you will have to modify the bumper. The way the GOBi brackets mounts, there is no room in there. The drill design mount sup higher on the body so you can use both...but you have to drill and the use of corner guards (such as the AEV ones) is the way to go for that extra support through the body.
Unread 12-15-2010, 07:17 PM

Tim,

Thank you for checking this photo out for me. Looks like the only solution is what you have pointed out and as stated on this thread.
I may just go with the AEV tire carrier and retain the stock bumper to be able to add a GOBI roof rack down the road.
Unread 01-09-2011, 07:33 AM

Default Updates

Any updates on this? Still no solution? Will Gobi provide these brackets if you already have a rack? Any cost estimates?

Do these use nut-serts or do you drill all the way through the body?
Unread 05-07-2011, 05:16 PM

anybody?? I have a gobi coming.......got to make it work! 2 great product need to work together
Unread 05-10-2011, 02:56 PM

It looks like there will not be a better solution then the one seen on page 2, which requires drilling into your rear quarters. With an AEV roof rack in the works, I doubt they would solve this problem with a rear bumper redesign, that would just be a poor business move.