Go Back   American Expedition Vehicles - Product Forums > All AEV Products > JK Parts Discussion (2007+ Jeep Wrangler)

Unread 09-18-2011, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEV Jordan View Post
[*]Use the Restore function to completely clear all changes to the system, then use the ProCal to program all of your settings again. Make sure to turn the key off, then on to ignition between values.
2010 JKU

I used this method several times which never seemed to fix the issue. I tried it again and waited roughly a day and a half before the next start up and the engine light disappeared. Is it normal for the engine light to take a while before going away? My Garmin GPS speedo seems to match the actual speedometer. Is this definite sign that my speedometer is working correctly? Thanks
Unread 10-17-2011, 06:51 AM

My 2010 I tuned my tire size by the tom tom and garmin speed indicators, so I would say yes.
Unread 10-17-2012, 12:47 PM

Just got my Jeep back from the dealer and they flashed the ecm for updated softwear. Now the TPMS light is going off. I set this to zero with the pro cal when the Pintlers and 35" tires were installed at AEV Wixom. Now I am just wondering if this messed up the speedo calibration for the 35" tires. AEV Wixom calibrated this when the lift, wheels and tires were installed at their facility. I dont know what settings they used for the BF Goodrich All terrain T/A KO 315/70R/17 121/118 series tire.
Unread 10-29-2012, 10:59 AM

Dealer did an update flash to ECM while my 2012 JKU was in to have passenger door seal replaced. My question is , do these dealer flashes change procal settings? Since they flashed the ECM my mileage has dropped 2 mpg, seeing lowest numbers ever on Vehicle display. Wondering if its due to incorrect speedo settings. Speed seems like it right. Dealer said flash was to eliminate early check engine lights that were going off improperly.
Unread 11-11-2012, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiganjeepster View Post
Dealer did an update flash to ECM while my 2012 JKU was in to have passenger door seal replaced. My question is , do these dealer flashes change procal settings? Since they flashed the ECM my mileage has dropped 2 mpg, seeing lowest numbers ever on Vehicle display. Wondering if its due to incorrect speedo settings. Speed seems like it right. Dealer said flash was to eliminate early check engine lights that were going off improperly.
Hello does anybody monitor these threads?
Unread 11-14-2012, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiganjeepster View Post
Hello does anybody monitor these threads?
I'm curious about Michiganjeepster's question, too.
Unread 11-14-2012, 01:38 PM

I don't know what AEV's official policy on forum support is, but they've always had folks answering their tech support line anytime I've called.

1-248-926-0256
Unread 11-14-2012, 01:40 PM

Whoa!! What if nobody knows the answer?
Unread 11-14-2012, 02:31 PM

What if people weren't so darn lazy to pick up a phone once in awile, then what?
Unread 02-13-2013, 06:05 PM

I am not having a problem With the speedo but maybe this is related?
2 weeks ago I had the 3.5 JK lift installed. Last weekend I added BFG km2 35's and reprogrammed using the 2013 procal. Before the calibration I was seeing the ECO light come on most of the time. Since the calibration, that light has never shown itself. Did the calibration wipe that option away, or is it the 35's, or did I program it incorrectly? Anyone else with a 2013 and 35's have the ECO light come on when using a light foot?

Tags
procal speedometer