Go Back   American Expedition Vehicles - Product Forums > All AEV Products > JK Parts Discussion (2007+ Jeep Wrangler)

Unread 06-26-2014, 10:31 PM

Send a message via AIM to jwilson2598

Quote:
Originally Posted by reid443 View Post
I went all the way to the center on both sides. I then made sure the seal continued under the winch blank off plate. There is plenty of sealant to do two bumpers. I also used a bath tub caulk tool from Home Depot to make a nice uniform seam. The tool it like $3 and it much better than a finger (IMHO).
I have the same caulk tool here, I might use that as well, thanks for the tips. I don't have the block off plate since I have a winch so I'll just carry it to the center.

2013 Sahara
AEV 2.5 XT lift, front/rear bumpers, hood, argent Pintlers, 315/70/17 Duratracs
Unread 06-27-2014, 07:28 AM

Default re

Make sure you check under the seam where the blank off plate/winch opening should be. I went underneath and confirmed a seal.

Another tip: If you use that tool after you have your seal sealed use the long flat edge to give you a smooth finish of the excess for a smooth blend.
Unread 02-10-2015, 05:45 PM

Here is my project with a AEV Tubless Front Bumper. The kit works great. The integrity of AEV is like no other company. Thank you Dave Harriton.
Thanks Corey Rider for the kit!

Last edited by James04; 02-10-2015 at 07:05 PM.
Unread 03-23-2015, 06:53 AM

My 2013 Jeep Moab has the rust problem. Jeep painted it once and now I have to go see them again as it is rusting again. I hope they know about your product. Maybe they will fix it this time. They were going to put a new bumper on but when they saw the price it was like a comedy routine they went nuts and painted it. Thanks Ron in New Jersey
Attached Images

Unread 03-30-2015, 05:30 PM

Default Powder coat issue

What do I need to do to fix my issue before it gets worse? I have 14,500 miles on mine. No salt and garaged. I will say before it was lifted I ran it through the car wash.
Attached Images

Unread 05-23-2015, 09:51 PM

I have the same thing going on with mine. I will need to get you guys some pictures.
Unread 06-12-2015, 12:01 AM

Default Customer Service

I have had a horrible experience with AEV's customer service. I have contacted them 3 times and always get a promise of a call back and nothing. Even left 2 messages after being transferred to the tech who handles bumper issues. I would keep that in mind if you purchase or are thinking of purchasing from them.
Unread 06-12-2015, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by campbell2209 View Post
I have had a horrible experience with AEV's customer service. I have contacted them 3 times and always get a promise of a call back and nothing. Even left 2 messages after being transferred to the tech who handles bumper issues. I would keep that in mind if you purchase or are thinking of purchasing from them.
That seems odd for AEV, did you contact Corey? He has taken great care of everyone I have sent his way with corrosion issues.

2015 Unlimited Rubicon
2014 RAM 3500
2007 Unlimited Rubicon
Unread 06-12-2015, 07:27 AM

Quote:

Have you tried shooting him an email?
crider@aev-conversions
Unread 06-12-2015, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Sorry if I some how missed a call from you Campbell2209. I try my best to make sure everyone is taken care as quickly as I can. Just shoot me an email with your address and a few pictures. Then I can get you a kit right out.

Typically for rusty bumper issues it's always better to email me. If you do call I will ask for an email too. Just make sure you send pictures, when and where you bought the bumper and your address. I keep a file of all of them so we can go through them with engineering.

Also if anyone ever has any questions or needs some advise on the repair, please shoot me over an email.

Corey
crider@aev-conversions.com