X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Manchester
    • Mar 2015

Rear Bumper??

AEV, is a rear bumper in the works?

Just noticed yesterday that someone has hit my rear bumper and put a little crease in it. These bumpers are really flimsy.

I don't really like the style of any of the aftermarket rear bumpers out there that I have seen. The factory bumper blends so well. Too bad its made of tin foil.
  • Wapitihunter
    • Sep 2014

I have a pristine chrome one for sale if you want it. Find out what your local junk yards are selling it for and I'll beat the price. Took mine off to go black. 2014 2500.
    2014 CCSB Tradesman 2500 -- G56 -- AEV dualsport -- AEV Salta -- 37x12.5r17 Toyo M/T -- AEV bumper -- VisionX 6.7" light cannon and lightbar -- Warn 16.5TI -- Mopar flares -- 8.4" Uconnect swap w/ customtronix jailbreak (front/rear/trailer cam) -- 3.73 gears w/ ARB front and rear -- Switch-Pros 8100

Comment

• Manchester
      • Mar 2015

Thanks for the offer. Will keep it in mind. Afraid that if I don't upgrade it will be a constant replacement issue. Or just live with dents.

Comment

• SonOfNeptune
        • Dec 2014

AEV guys out at the Overland Expo said that they plan to have rear bumpers in the future but there are not set dates as to when that will happen

Comment

• Manchester
          • Mar 2015

Originally posted by SonOfNeptune
          AEV guys out at the Overland Expo said that they plan to have rear bumpers in the future but there are not set dates as to when that will happen
          The hope of an AEV rear bumper is enough for me to endure the dents for now.

Comment

• Manchester
            • Mar 2015

If anyone has the skills/time, would love to see the current AEV JK rear bumper photochopped onto the back of a ram.

Comment

• stunt man hans
              • Sep 2014

i second that might be interesting. aev outdone themselves when designing the rear set up for the wranglers. everything you need is completely integrated in one tight little unit. plus man their armor can take some pretty serious abuse and be no worse for wear. i hope for something similar with the ram.

Comment

• Manchester
                • Mar 2015

here is my basic cut and paste of the JK bumper on the Ram

Comment

• stunt man hans
                  • Sep 2014

hey that looks pretty good.

but seeing as how i'm doing the aux titan fuel tank i'm going in for a real bumper unfortunately i can't wait. i was looking at mercenary off roads miss piggy rear bumper. that guys skills with the welder are up there!

Comment

• Manchester
                    • Mar 2015

Originally posted by stunt man hans
                    hey that looks pretty good.

but seeing as how i'm doing the aux titan fuel tank i'm going in for a real bumper unfortunately i can't wait. i was looking at mercenary off roads miss piggy rear bumper. that guys skills with the welder are up there!
                    That is a clean, good looking bumper. I like it too. Its not cheap.

Mercenary Offroad blends the precision of CNC Plasma, Laser, and WaterJet cutting with creative design and experienced fabrication. The results are innovative components for suspension, performance and protection—all built to last. Off Road protection and complete custom fabrication.
                    Last edited by Manchester; 06-11-2015, 09:22 AM.

Comment

• JeepinJon
                      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Manchester
                      That is a clean, good looking bumper. I like it too. Its not cheap.

http://mercenaryoffroad.com/componen...ar-bumper.html
                      And I thought Jeep JK items were expensive.
                      Jon

2008 Rubicon Unlimited
                      4.5" AEV lift, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, AEV front/rear bumpers, AEV Corners, Factory Ten Axle Shafts.

Comment

• Manchester
                        • Mar 2015

I like the Hammerhead as well. Side steps would be handy.

It's just not as clean looking as the one from Mercenary IMO

Comment

• AEV Dave
                          Administrator
                          • Sep 2007

Those steps are too tall with even a 2" lift and 37s. Amp step works much better.

dh
                          2015 Ram 3500 Cab Chassis SRW
                          2009 Brute DoubleCab 5.7VVT Supercharged, 37s
                          2015 KTM 1190 Adventure R
                          2013 KTM 450XC-W

Comment

Working...