Go Back   American Expedition Vehicles - Product Forums > All AEV Products > JK Parts Discussion (2007+ Jeep Wrangler)

Unread 02-08-2017, 10:55 AM

Default 2.5 Lift Pulling Right

Need some help!

I just installed an AEV 2.5 Lift with the AEV Geometry Correction Brackets. Took my time and the install went smooth. Prior to the install the alignment was dead-on, no problems. After the install I noticed a slight pull to the right. I called AEV and the guy I talked to said that occasionally the alignment may go out of sync after the lift install but it was rare and I should rotate the tires and that might fix the problem. Well, I rotated the tires as suggested and now my pull to the right is much worse. I am also noticing an occasional creaking sound coming from the front right if I go up an incline while making a right turn (up a driveway, from the right). Anybody have any suggestions? Did I over torque my bolts? Thanks in advance for any help and/or suggestions.

Ray
2016 JKU Backcountry, AEV 2.5 Lift, AEV Bumpers, AEV Heat Reduction Hood
Unread 02-08-2017, 01:06 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visage View Post
Need some help!

I just installed an AEV 2.5 Lift with the AEV Geometry Correction Brackets. Took my time and the install went smooth. Prior to the install the alignment was dead-on, no problems. After the install I noticed a slight pull to the right. I called AEV and the guy I talked to said that occasionally the alignment may go out of sync after the lift install but it was rare and I should rotate the tires and that might fix the problem. Well, I rotated the tires as suggested and now my pull to the right is much worse. I am also noticing an occasional creaking sound coming from the front right if I go up an incline while making a right turn (up a driveway, from the right). Anybody have any suggestions? Did I over torque my bolts? Thanks in advance for any help and/or suggestions.

Ray
2016 JKU Backcountry, AEV 2.5 Lift, AEV Bumpers, AEV Heat Reduction Hood
You did the install yourself? Give us a call again. 248-926-0256 ext 228 and talk to Paul.
cholt@aev-conversions.com
Unread 02-10-2017, 06:28 AM

I just installed a 2.5 AEV on my new 2 door, went with the geo correction brackets and it has zero pull I can take my hands off the wheel and it stays straight.

Did you loosen all your control arms and front track bar? If not loosen every one with the weight on the jeep and rock it back and forth and then re-retorque everything while it is on the ground. Sounds like you might have some bind in the control arms. Some people forget to loosen every control arm bolt when installing lifts.
Unread 03-16-2017, 07:34 PM

Was this ever resolved? My 3.5 does this too. Had it lined up at jeep dealer.. its with in specs. But still has slight pull to right.