Go Back   American Expedition Vehicles - Product Forums > All AEV Products > Brute and Brute Double Cab Pickup Discussion

Unread 09-01-2015, 12:32 PM

Default Jeep to make pickup ?

"DETROIT -- Fiat Chrysler has decided to keep making the Jeep Wrangler in Toledo, Ohio, move production of the Jeep Cherokee to a nearby state and build a Jeep pickup."

Will Jeep making a pickup help or hurt AEV ? Jeep could buy the beds I suppose... Seems like they have a pretty good relationship now... I wonder what will happen ?

http://www.autonews.com/article/2015...wrangler-based
2012 Ram 1500 5.7 Crew Longhorn- Sold
2008 Jeep JK 4 Door - Sold
2006 Avalanche 2500-Sold
2002 Tahoe Z-71-Totalled
1998 Ram 2500-sold
1993 YJ w/LT-1-Sold
1989 Cherokee-sold
1987 Cherokee-sold
1976 Ford Gran Torino-sold
1962 Jeep FC-150 - sold
Unread 09-01-2015, 02:53 PM

Jeep has been saying that for so long that I no longer pay attention.
Unread 09-01-2015, 07:19 PM

Smile

I concur.....I completely ignore the jeep make a pickup thing.....I've been hoping for years and quit hoping a few years back.
2016 RAM 2500 6.7 TD (Darth Vader)

2014 GC Overland..... The wife's wheels
Unread 09-02-2015, 07:55 AM

Agreed with the above responses - I'm not holding my breath.

I think Jeep had their chance to enter the midsize truck market and opted out years ago - AEV filled that void and Jeep enthusiasts drooled and rejoiced. IF Jeep decides to move forward with a truck version of the Wrangler I do not feel it would be that big of a deal. I'm sure the average guy off the street would pay attention and auto bloggers would scramble (no pun intended) to write columns about it, but the enthusiast community has had access to the Brute for close to a decade now. The benchmark has already been set.

However, it would be interesting to see how Jeep would tackle the project (a single cab truck would be nice), but in the end I'm sure a factory Jeep truck would simply be a declawed Brute.
Unread 09-02-2015, 03:21 PM

They are going to offer the one that they can sell the MOST of IMO.

SM wants to sell 2M units per year so volume is their focus even though Chrysler's main obstacle is margin being half or so of the other bigs.
Unread 09-02-2015, 09:02 PM

I would have to think Jeep could offer a Wrangler based truck for less than the $42k AEV has their JK conversions priced at. Not to take anything away from AEV, I get there is $10k retail in parts + The Brute body/cab parts & labor in that price. I just think a "Wrangler truck" could be a very successful venture for Jeep that offers the masses an option at a reasonable price. IMO they should have done it years ago.
Unread 09-02-2015, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutal TJ View Post
I would have to think Jeep could offer a Wrangler based truck for less than the $42k AEV has their JK conversions priced at. Not to take anything away from AEV, I get there is $10k retail in parts + The Brute body/cab parts & labor in that price. I just think a "Wrangler truck" could be a very successful venture for Jeep that offers the masses an option at a reasonable price. IMO they should have done it years ago.
it ain't done yet...everything could change
Unread 09-03-2015, 07:21 AM

There was a mention in the article about Ram 1500 being used as the base for prototype previously... My hopes are not up for a Jeep truck - probably just a rebadge.
Unread 09-03-2015, 08:10 AM

Im looking forward to hearing what AEV has to say about all of this...

Don't forget AMG was an independent tuning shop that was first partially integrated into the main MB line and then acquired and fully brought in-house, and those AMG cars provide a very healthy margin.

(Not to sound like a hippie environmentalist but have you considered the waste created by ripping new parts of a brand new jeep?)

Would Jeep acquire AEV and bring their entire offering in-line? Solves the waste problem AND provides Jeep/Chrysler/Fiat/Whatever a way to improve margin overall - this is the one area where they lag. It is a conundrum for the critics because the other domestic suppliers have better margins but possibly weaker product - - -

diesel and pickups, sounds too good to be true.

Last edited by lucky73; 08-11-2016 at 12:48 PM.
Unread 09-03-2015, 12:48 PM

I will believe it when I can walk into the dealership and fill out the paperwork to order it. Until then it is just like the diesel. It might happen, but who knows when, or how much it will cost.

2008 Rubicon Unlimited
4.5" AEV lift, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, AEV front/rear bumpers, AEV Corners, Factory Ten Axle Shafts.