Go Back   American Expedition Vehicles - Product Forums > American Expedition Vehicles > Expeditions and Back Country Adventures using AEV Products

Unread 07-25-2016, 09:44 AM
Administrator

Looks like some great photos from an awesome trip!
cholt@aev-conversions.com
Unread 07-25-2016, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dendicott View Post
This was all one trip. We were on the road for 11 days but that included some non-Jeep stops. We had 4 nights in Ouray and 2 nights in Moab. We drove a total of 2700 miles. We stayed in amarillo, roswell, Santa fe, Moab (2nights), Ouray (4 nights), pueblo, and finally Wichita, then back home to Joplin, MO. It was a blast! I can't wait to go back. Top of the list was Ouray, Moab and Santa Fe. What an adventure!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
That is an epic trip. Sounds so good, that I'm adding it to my bucket list. Looking forward to more pictures.
Unread 07-25-2016, 11:26 AM

AWESOME trip! I'm planning out a trip right now. Did you use an online trip planner for your journey? I'm looking for a good one to use.
Unread 07-28-2016, 08:54 AM

Awesome photos and sounds like you had a heck of a trip. Well done!
Unread 08-23-2016, 05:16 PM

Looks like a great trip. We took our new AEV jk350 to the Oct. jeepjamboree in Moab last year. Did metal masher ,top of the world, hells revenge, hells gate cost me a axle shaft "bent the flange"when my rear slid off the rock there where ur catching air in ur pic. did the car wash. And a few other trails . then over to black bear pass but was snowing there so did not do that. Then went to hot springs Arkansas did a few trails there, then back to Fl. about 4500 + miles and two weeks round trip. Love Moab everyone should go there at lest once and wheel. we also hit the big Texan steak ranch, but did not try the 72 oz deal. Safe wheeling
Unread 09-14-2016, 12:09 PM

Default Trail Question

Never attached an image in this thread so hopefully it works.
Which trail is this specifically? And where is it located?

Thanks
Unread 09-14-2016, 02:50 PM

That is Ophir pass. it is in Colorado and runs roughly from Telluride to Silverton. Highest elevation is 11,800 feet.

It is not a very technical trail at all, but the shelf road is narrow, and it is absolutely beautiful there. We were there in July, but there are lots of aspens, so I'm sure it is pretty in the fall.

DLE
Unread 09-14-2016, 03:51 PM

Lived many, many years near Joplin in a town called Monett. It's nice to see someone else from the area getting out and exploring.
Unread 09-14-2016, 04:36 PM

Having lived in Joplin my whole life, I have been to Monett many, many times. In fact, I have a son that is a programmer for Jack Henry there.

I saw in your profile that your jeep in an Anvil 2014 with black pintlers. Mine is an anvil 2015 with black saltas. Small world, thanks for dropping a line.
Unread 09-14-2016, 07:55 PM

I bet I lived at least 25 years in Monett before moving to Montana. love it here but Missouri will always be home. I went back for a visit about two months ago and several people told me that someone at Jack Herny has a Brute double cab.