Go Back   American Expedition Vehicles - Product Forums > All AEV Products > TJ Wrangler Parts Discussion (1997-2006 Jeep Wrangler)

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Unread 07-31-2016, 08:18 PM
ranger's Avatar
ranger ranger is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: El Paso, TX
Posts: 495
Default

I do not have any personal experience with an AEV Hemi swapped TJ, however I owned a 5.7L Hemi TJ that was converted by Jeep Speed Shop. There was a plug under the dash labelled "cruise control module", mine didn't have the module plugged in, but I was told by Todd at JSS that it could be purchased from Hotwire Auto and that the system would be functional. Maybe AEV used a similar module and it has malfunctioned? I'm not sure. I guess this is the downside to owning a niche vehicle, but I wish you and your friend luck in finding a solution.

Reaching out to HW is worth a shot until AEV gets back on line. Here's HW's POC:

http://www.hotwireauto.com/
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 08-12-2016, 09:01 AM
2trackjeeper 2trackjeeper is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 103
Default

AEV made their own cruise module. Since it has been years since they have done any TJ HEMI conversions I would assume they no longer service them. Hot wire auto sounds like a good option to me.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 08-22-2016, 05:53 PM
steve578 steve578 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 66
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger View Post
I do not have any personal experience with an AEV Hemi swapped TJ, however I owned a 5.7L Hemi TJ that was converted by Jeep Speed Shop. There was a plug under the dash labelled "cruise control module", mine didn't have the module plugged in, but I was told by Todd at JSS that it could be purchased from Hotwire Auto and that the system would be functional. Maybe AEV used a similar module and it has malfunctioned? I'm not sure. I guess this is the downside to owning a niche vehicle, but I wish you and your friend luck in finding a solution.

Reaching out to HW is worth a shot until AEV gets back on line. Here's HW's POC:

http://www.hotwireauto.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2trackjeeper View Post
AEV made their own cruise module. Since it has been years since they have done any TJ HEMI conversions I would assume they no longer service them. Hot wire auto sounds like a good option to me.
Thanks to both of you. I forwarded the info to him if AEV hasn't already gotten back with him.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 10-27-2016, 08:26 PM
Wehring Wehring is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 36
Default Houston hemi LJ

I am in the Houston area and have an AEV hemi LJ. Please give me a call.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 10-28-2016, 09:10 AM
steve578 steve578 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 66
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wehring View Post
I am in the Houston area and have an AEV hemi LJ. Please give me a call.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112
I responded to you pm. Thanks!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.