Go Back   American Expedition Vehicles - Product Forums > All AEV Products > JK Parts Discussion (2007+ Jeep Wrangler)

Unread 03-06-2017, 09:04 PM

I am very surprised to see that no one from AEV took the time to glance through and answer this thread... This is disappointing... I was looking forward to their input
Unread 03-07-2017, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEV_FAN View Post
I am very surprised to see that no one from AEV took the time to glance through and answer this thread... This is disappointing... I was looking forward to their input

Perhaps it's because this idea does not fit their business model. AEV builds are designed for maximum on and off road performance thus the dual sport branding. A JK on 40s is never going to be a vehicle that fits this concept and the amount of work involved to turn a AEV build into a rock crawler is just not worth the effort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unread 03-07-2017, 07:32 AM

ps I've always thought a black DC w/ 6.4L on 40s and 60 axles would be great fun

Last edited by lucky73; 03-07-2017 at 08:58 AM.
Unread 03-07-2017, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveh View Post
Perhaps it's because this idea does not fit their business model. AEV builds are designed for maximum on and off road performance thus the dual sport branding. A JK on 40s is never going to be a vehicle that fits this concept and the amount of work involved to turn a AEV build into a rock crawler is just not worth the effort.
Idk. A few years ago people thought that you couldn't run 37s or 40s on a daily driven truck. Now AEV's JK and Ram can both run those comfortably.
Unread 03-07-2017, 04:26 PM

I totally get what Daveh is saying. AEV stands for American Expedition Vehicles, and therefore, they build expedition vehicles. And by definition an expedition vehicle is practical on and off road.

But I don't think that going from 37" tires to 40" tires would really affect the daily drivability of the AEV JK350. I understand that it wasn't designed for it. Therefore am I only asking of AEV what needs to be done to go from 37" tires to 40" while keeping all the other properties of the AEV JK350 intact. If 40 isn't gonna happen, then how about 39" ? 38" ??
Unread 03-08-2017, 04:50 AM

Quote:

Bingo!
Unread 03-08-2017, 08:46 AM

Quote:

Well said.
Unread 03-09-2017, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEV_FAN View Post
I totally get what Daveh is saying. AEV stands for American Expedition Vehicles, and therefore, they build expedition vehicles. And by definition an expedition vehicle is practical on and off road.

But I don't think that going from 37" tires to 40" tires would really affect the daily drivability of the AEV JK350. I understand that it wasn't designed for it. Therefore am I only asking of AEV what needs to be done to go from 37" tires to 40" while keeping all the other properties of the AEV JK350 intact. If 40 isn't gonna happen, then how about 39" ? 38" ??
they do sell bigger axles in the jk350 section - good for 40s
Unread 03-13-2017, 04:55 PM

Some people run 40's on reinforced stock axles. I would love to do that. However I don't want to have to mess with the frame. I am ok with high fender flares. But unfortunately, it seems that there is a lot more to it then just the fender flares. I even saw a guy who cut the sides of the AEV front bumpers to accommodate larger tires... That's definitely not something i want to do.

The whole purpose of this thread was to find out the work/modification(s) needed associated with fitting the JK350 4.5" with tires larger than 37"s. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get anyone from AEV to pitch in and enlighten us...
Unread 03-13-2017, 07:37 PM

Call Off Road Evolution they will be glad to help!

Tags
4.5" lift, 40" tires, dana 60