Go Back   American Expedition Vehicles - Product Forums > All AEV Products > TJ Wrangler Parts Discussion (1997-2006 Jeep Wrangler)

Unread 02-29-2012, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdemonto View Post
Its just an error in spindle placement. If its too far left it hits the hinges and does not open all the way! Mine is connected to the tailgate that was one of my main reasons for the conversion.

More to follow after the TDS Safari....

Jason
I will defiantly be following this. I have been looking at my rear bumper for months trying to figure out the math and placement. I can tell it should be placed to the right side of the factory hinge and about even spacing from tail gate. it looks like there could be some clashing with the tail light on the right. and some flush light might be a solution for clearance. I think there is a market for TJ/LJ owners as there is nothing else out there that will open with the tail gate.
Unread 02-29-2012, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGIMELLI View Post
I will defiantly be following this. I have been looking at my rear bumper for months trying to figure out the math and placement. I can tell it should be placed to the right side of the factory hinge and about even spacing from tail gate. it looks like there could be some clashing with the tail light on the right. and some flush light might be a solution for clearance. I think there is a market for TJ/LJ owners as there is nothing else out there that will open with the tail gate.
Yeah flush mount tail lights are key. I purchased some savvy 4x4 Led lights. When in the correct location there is a conflict.
2015 Jeep Rubicon
Baja Yellow
Dual Sport 106
Unread 02-29-2012, 02:16 PM

2015 Jeep Rubicon
Baja Yellow
Dual Sport 106
Unread 02-29-2012, 06:27 PM

You have done well.
Unread 02-29-2012, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forsakenfuture View Post
You have done well.
Thanks! I know the Mopar bumper looks good too but I like the Warn bumpers a bit better since I already owned a set!

Jason
2015 Jeep Rubicon
Baja Yellow
Dual Sport 106
Unread 02-29-2012, 08:40 PM

Saw it person, looks great.
Great work Jason.
Unread 02-29-2012, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmons_m View Post
Saw it person, looks great.
Great work Jason.
Thanks! Can't wait to get it set up correctly!

Jason
2015 Jeep Rubicon
Baja Yellow
Dual Sport 106
Unread 03-01-2012, 06:26 AM

Default carrier placement

this is the rear mopar bumper/jk tire carrier swingout created by Greg at AEV. the placement of the carrier is perfect. it has a perfect motion of travel and does not hit the tail lights although you will need some flush mount style lights for this to work. also its tucked up nice and tight to the rear of the jeep which i like, very little gap between the rear window/gate and the tire.

also this really is the way to go if you have the time and patience to work with it. all the AEV accessories work with the tire carrier. One thing you'll want to keep in mind is that you'll need additional support plates from the bumper to the frame to deal with the stress of the spindle at this location. this is very important for longevity.
Attached Images

Unread 03-02-2012, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atown View Post
this is the rear mopar bumper/jk tire carrier swingout created by Greg at AEV. the placement of the carrier is perfect. it has a perfect motion of travel and does not hit the tail lights although you will need some flush mount style lights for this to work. also its tucked up nice and tight to the rear of the jeep which i like, very little gap between the rear window/gate and the tire.

also this really is the way to go if you have the time and patience to work with it. all the AEV accessories work with the tire carrier. One thing you'll want to keep in mind is that you'll need additional support plates from the bumper to the frame to deal with the stress of the spindle at this location. this is very important for longevity.
That is a nice combo. Has the Mopar bumper also been modifed to include the 2" receiver? I like the Mopar rear bumper but always thought they looked odd with a standard towbar mounted below them. Integrating the 2" receiver hitch is key IMHO.

Cheers
Unread 03-05-2012, 02:38 PM

Here are some new pics with LED tail lights. We will be fine tuning another Warn bumper next week.

2015 Jeep Rubicon
Baja Yellow
Dual Sport 106

Tags
jdemonto