Go Back   American Expedition Vehicles - Product Forums > All AEV Products > JK Parts Discussion (2007+ Jeep Wrangler)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 05-18-2017, 05:19 PM

Default JKU 2.5" DS lift, 35s, and stock fenders. Issues?

Disclaimer: I've searched at length but can't seem to find a consensus answer to my question.

The local AEV install shop is trying to talk me into going with the 3.5" kit rather than the 2.5", claiming that it will only be a matter of time before I tear my stock fenders off with the 2.5" lift. They also claimed that there "is no point" in using the geometry correction brackets that I want with the 2.5" kit. And another somewhat related annoyance is they are trying to convince me to go with an 18" wheel rather than the 17" I'd prefer.

I'd prefer the 2.5" kit for a number of reasons (including fitting into my garage even with a rack on top), and I'm unwilling to go with a smaller tire. I find it odd that AEV markets this kit as being able to fit 35s, countless people seem to run this setup, and countless custom truck shops are selling this combo, but that this shop is telling me I'll have issues if I tackle the slightest ditch. The things this shop is telling me seem to run counter to everything I read in this forum - what is the truth?

Other possibly pertinent info:
- Planned tires: 35x12.5 R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers (these seem to actually run close to 35 inches)
- I haven't made a final decision on wheels but will choose some with backspacing/offset close to AEV wheels
- 2012 JKU Sahara
- Currently running stock bumpers but future plans to upgrade to AEV bumpers

Last edited by sporter; 05-18-2017 at 05:27 PM. Reason: typos