Go Back   American Expedition Vehicles - Product Forums > All AEV Products > JK Parts Discussion (2007+ Jeep Wrangler)

Unread 05-27-2017, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwford View Post
I just put an Adams 1310 front DS on my 3.5in dual sport lift. No other adjustments. For the most part I can't tell the difference. I noticed a very slight vibration once but haven't felt it again.
I'm going to drop off the AEV shaft this coming week and pay them the $52 diagnosis charge, and probably the $75 repair fee, throw it in with the original Rzeppa joint, and see if the vibration is gone. If so, I'll order the Teraflex high-angle Rzeppa and be good to go - no vibration, no risk of tearing the shaft boot on the transmission pan, and no risk of ripping the CV joint due to contact on the stock Rzeppa boot collar during off-road.

If the vibration is still there after the AEV shaft rework, then I'll bite the bullet and buy their 1310 suggestion. Sure, I may spend a bit more in that case, but if the rework works, I'll have spent much less (and will still have my AEV shaft).

Thanks for the tips, all!