Go Back   American Expedition Vehicles - Product Forums > American Expedition Vehicles > AEV News, Events and Forum Rules

Unread 05-27-2017, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKT View Post

Ecodiesel or Hemi?

Please keep us updated!

I went with the Hemi. If I'm lucky, I'll have it next week. It's been over a long anxious month.
Unread 05-28-2017, 10:02 AM

When the 1500 bumper is available stand alone, will it work with the 1500 grill or will the hood and grill need swapped like the AEV builds?
Unread 05-28-2017, 03:59 PM

Other than buy in price of the vehicle, I don't see any real advantages of a 1/2 ton over a 3/4.
Unread 05-30-2017, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forsakenfuture View Post
Other than buy in price of the vehicle, I don't see any real advantages of a 1/2 ton over a 3/4.
Smaller potential wheelbase for a daily driver, 27 mpg with the diesel (in stock form), much lower buy in price with the deals since The Ram is getting killed by the F150. I am just wondering how hard it would be to do a Recruit XL and run a 37" tire.

I am building a house at the moment and the 2500 crew cab short bed would be tight in a standard garage. I have a bit of luxury since I specked 8' garage doors and am trying to decide on length.

2008 Rubicon Unlimited
4.5" AEV lift, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, AEV front/rear bumpers, AEV Corners, Factory Ten Axle Shafts.
Unread 05-31-2017, 08:53 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by automaticSuperstatic View Post
When the 1500 bumper is available stand alone, will it work with the 1500 grill or will the hood and grill need swapped like the AEV builds?
That is something we are nailing down the details on in the coming weeks! The ultimate goal is to allow for bumper fitment on the 1500 without the 2500 front end conversion. As always, this is easier said than done so we are doing our best to come up with a quality solution.
cholt@aev-conversions.com
Unread 05-31-2017, 08:59 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by forsakenfuture View Post
There are many benefits. Just to name a few:
A lot of people don't need a 3/4 to 1-ton truck. They can do everything they need to accomplish in a 1/2 truck.
The price point on a 1500 is cheaper than that of the 2500/3500 trucks.
Configured for a tow vehicle, they can still handle quite a bit on weight with ease.
A lot of the market prefers the smaller size as a daily driver.
They are smaller than a 2500/3500 so more friendly in the off-road aspect and nimble enough for overlanding applications. In fact, the first Recruit delivered was partly chosen due to the turning radius on that model being 1-2 feet less than that of a JKU.
The DualSport Suspension system we made for the 1500 is a truly remarkable lift kit. With items like the stamped steel skid plate garnering actual measurable clearance and the cast aluminum knuckle for a significantly lighter un-sprung mass and more.
cholt@aev-conversions.com

Last edited by AEV Chris; 05-31-2017 at 09:02 AM.