Go Back   American Expedition Vehicles - Product Forums > All AEV Products > Brute and Brute Double Cab Pickup Discussion

Unread 06-11-2017, 03:26 PM

Have been on the fence on purchasing a brute but I do really wonder what will happen to brute prices if Jeep comes out with a wrangler based truck that is around 35-40k; especially with a diesel and manual transmission.

Is it a good time to buy a brute or wait for the jeep truck? I have seen the spy pics of the JL/JT and it looks similar to the JK. Plus the JT will likely have a much higher tow rating than the brute. I am just worried that the final JT styling will not be that appealing plus first year models are always problematic; where as the Brute is based on a super reliable platform. Decisions
Unread 06-11-2017, 05:58 PM

They've pushed back the release until 2020 (per Jeep head Mike Maloney), so still a ways away before we will know. Doubtful it will really impact brutes since they're limited edition and have a unique look the Jeep connoisseurs will always love.

Look at TJ brutes... don't seem to be going down
Unread 06-11-2017, 07:23 PM

"brute prices if Jeep comes out with a wrangler based truck that is around 35-40k; especially with a diesel and manual transmission."

The Jeep truck with a manual in rubicon trim will be significantly more than $40k
Unread 06-13-2017, 03:44 PM

Just saw this on wrangler forum
Attached Images

Unread 06-15-2017, 03:32 AM

I know those pics are just renderings, but I don't see a parting line for the top. I hope they make it so the top can be removable. Why make a "wrangler" truck if you can't remove the top and doors? If the top and doors don't come off, it's just another truck with square sheet metal and round headlights.
Unread 06-15-2017, 06:32 PM

On one of the JL/JT rumor sites someone claimed that JEEP purchased AEV's tooling and designs for the Brute and the JT will be based on a variant of those soft tools. Not sure if was BS or not but kind of interesting.
Unread 06-16-2017, 05:06 AM

2020 release date just killed it for me; I always wanted a Power Wagon anyway.

Cheers