Go Back   American Expedition Vehicles - Product Forums > All AEV Products > Ram, Prospector, Recruit Parts & Product Discussion

Unread 01-24-2016, 12:27 PM

Default Rear Bumper AEV RAM

Hey Dave, a while back you said that you were working on the rear bumper every night until its finished. By chance do you have anything that you can share... any updates
Unread 01-25-2016, 04:03 PM

Unread 02-21-2016, 01:03 PM

Will the rear bumper have some kind of spare tire mount?
Unread 02-21-2016, 01:53 PM
Administrator

Sorry, we don't comment or do ETA's on future product. If you like you can comment on what you'd like to see and I'll certainly consider things. It will be a full featured product.

dh
2013 KTM 450XC-W
Unread 02-21-2016, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEV Dave View Post
Sorry, we don't comment or do ETA's on future product. If you like you can comment on what you'd like to see and I'll certainly consider things. It will be a full featured product.

dh
Doesn't hurt to ask right?? Me personally I would love to see integrated protection similar to what is seen on the JK bumper, Id love to see a swing out tire carrier... personally I like the half doors/dual swing outs vice the single arm. Integrated fold down tables as an option, It would be great to see a fuel tank option to fill the existing spare tire well, built in steps. maybe a built in lock box for recovery gear.... just a couple ideas. Maybe others could make recommendations as well. Thanks for doing what you do!!!
Unread 02-21-2016, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEV Dave View Post

dh
Seeing something that works with backup sensors and the factory backup camera would be a nice touch too.
Truxedo Deuce Bed Cover with Bed Lights, Black Line-X Rocker Panel, Custom Built Rock Rails Sprayed with Line-X, Front & Rear Bumper and Grill sprayed with Line-X, Husky Mud Flaps, Four VisionX Xmitter Low Pro Prime XP LED Light Bars Behind the Grill, LED Lights Mounted in the Rear Bumper, Heated Seats, Interior LED Lighting, NAV-TV, Camera Mounted in Front Grill, Custom Headache Rack, AEV Raised Air Intake, Salta HD Wheels, 285/75/17 Toyo A/T II Tires
Unread 02-21-2016, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfNeptune View Post
Doesn't hurt to ask right?? Me personally I would love to see integrated protection similar to what is seen on the JK bumper, Id love to see a swing out tire carrier... personally I like the half doors/dual swing outs vice the single arm. Integrated fold down tables as an option, It would be great to see a fuel tank option to fill the existing spare tire well, built in steps. maybe a built in lock box for recovery gear.... just a couple ideas. Maybe others could make recommendations as well. Thanks for doing what you do!!!
Yes. All of this.
Unread 02-21-2016, 06:00 PM

For sure a spare tire carrier either built on or an add on option and cut outs on the corners for steps like the chevy silverado would be great. Obviously light cut outs are always nice and please make it compatible with parking sensors. The front bumper not working with them is not a big deal since they only work in reverse but the rears really do need to work.
Unread 02-22-2016, 06:30 AM

i would like to see an integrated rear bumper system just like you guys make for the jeep jk. there is nothing else that slick or modular on the market for jeeps and key word is slick your jk bumpers are the industry standard follow suit with the ram.

as far as the tire carrier that should go without saying provisions must be made to carry a spare in a reliable fashion for those of us that use our beds for other things. support for a 37" and even the 40" tire should be a mandatory. i'm currently running the 37's but i'm either selling my truck or or upgrading it to the 40" kit as soon as its released as our plans have changed slightly and could benefit from the larger tire and a shorter overall truck like a regular cab.
Unread 02-22-2016, 06:38 AM

If the bumper gets a spare carrier please make sure it does not impede the rear backup camera. Plus I've always liked an offset look for spares on tailgates.

Stunt Man, you're selling it?! You just got that thing!