Go Back   American Expedition Vehicles - Product Forums > All AEV Products > Ram, Prospector, Recruit Parts & Product Discussion

Closed Thread
Unread 05-19-2017, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbtx1125 View Post
You get what you pay for. It's always amazing to me the comments that get made on the Internet forums looking at nothing but digital pictures. Drive to the nuthouse industries shop in rural Ohio and see what those guys are doing with their hands, look at the quality of the welds, the commitment to craftsmanship. I have a rack on order with them. This is not to say there aren't other good options. I am sure there are. But frankly, 2500 for a bespoke rack of this level of quality with urethane coating, etc. with no drilling holes on your truck is very in line with market. No relationship other than an informed, researched, satisfied customer.

If it turns out that no one else will make a comparable rack then I'll cough up the money to them. When I met them at Expo last year I walked away impressed with their work. And much to my wife's dismay, I certainly don't have a problem spending money on nice things. But as it stands right now, 2500 is not in line with market from what I am finding. Hell, that's 2.5% the cost of a Limited Prospector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unread 05-21-2017, 08:54 AM

I meant no offense directly, everything for these trucks is expensive. We are all lucky to be able to afford the hobby. All I'm saying is whether its bed racks or bed cover systems, bumpers, witches, etc. I have found that with these trucks you get what you pay for. And I would rather spend a little bit extra to get something 100% American made and durable. The only thing I found close to nuthouse was the Leitner systems. Also 100% American made and pretty cool. But to my eyes not as sturdy as the nuthouse bespoke racks, and requires drilling holes on our trucks. Not much cheaper either. I am using their gear pods. My only "complaint" with nuthouse is be prepared to wait. Here are some pictures of mine in process. I'm anxious to get the rack on my truck.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5004.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	192.9 KB
ID:	22375  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5005.JPG
Views:	38
Size:	171.4 KB
ID:	22376  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5006.JPG
Views:	41
Size:	171.5 KB
ID:	22377  
AEV differential covers
AEV mudflaps
Vision X lights
Warn 16.5
AMP power steps
Titan aux fuel tank
TruckVault / CargoGlide
Nuthouse Industries custom bedrack
Carli Backcountry suspension
Unread 05-29-2017, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flep.co View Post
Here's the fully loaded 1500 RAM Rambox custom rack version, with 10' Lowe 1040 Jon Boat and Tepui Kukenam Sky tent. Cheers!

flep.co
That rack is amazeballs. Absolutely beautiful design. This is very close to what I've been wanting for my own Ram Box equipped Power Wagon.

I've got to save these ideas.
Unread 05-29-2017, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoldAdventure View Post
That rack is amazeballs. Absolutely beautiful design. This is very close to what I've been wanting for my own Ram Box equipped Power Wagon.

I've got to save these ideas.

Thanks buddy. Here's a bit more inspiration, the rig in action

flep.co
Unread 05-30-2017, 09:37 AM

Default Bed Rack for Ram

I completely for got I had these. In an email from Frontrunner they claim this setup has a 660lbs weight limit (rack only). I'm not sure what Ram quotes the rails at, but I'll find out.

What I like about this is that front runner has SO many accessories available for their racks which also allows one to use this in a modular fashion by adding or subtracting items on an as needed basis.

Here are the parts needed for this rack.

In the past Frontrunner has been very open to making custom pieces so I assume they can make the legs longer than what's pictured if needed. In my opinion they need to be about 5-7" longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unread 05-31-2017, 10:15 AM

Frontrunner rack is nice too. Just too bad you can't really crawl into your bed or cover it. Pretty much necessitates the use of a bed slide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTEngineer View Post
It is nice. The price however is substantial. And WAY WAY more than I anticipated.

$2588
Here's my beef with that Nuthouse rack. It's blatantly obvious they designed that rack for multiple trucks. I get it, I've been a business owner. And while maybe they feel their work is worth that price (again I get it), it isn't worth that price (from a buyers perspective). Really, nothing appealing at all about one size fits all design. It doesn't even follow the contours of the truck. Very basic design at that and lacking any options. Buy I'm sure they'll sell accessories.

Last edited by BoldAdventure; 05-31-2017 at 10:53 AM.
Unread 05-31-2017, 01:11 PM

This is also made in America, shippable since it breaks down into individual pieces and ridiculously sturdy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1526.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	22493  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1530.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	22494  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1533.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	22495  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1534.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	22496  
Unread 05-31-2017, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoldAdventure View Post
Frontrunner rack is nice too. Just too bad you can't really crawl into your bed or cover it. Pretty much necessitates the use of a bed slide.

Here's my beef with that Nuthouse rack. It's blatantly obvious they designed that rack for multiple trucks. I get it, I've been a business owner. And while maybe they feel their work is worth that price (again I get it), it isn't worth that price (from a buyers perspective). Really, nothing appealing at all about one size fits all design. It doesn't even follow the contours of the truck. Very basic design at that and lacking any options. Buy I'm sure they'll sell accessories.
You obviously have not seen the Nuthouse Rambox rack in person. It is model specific and fits no other truck. The lines follow the rake of the back and sides of the cab perfectly. The low version fits within a 1/2" of the Rambox lid when opened. It breaks down for shipping, bolts into existing bolt locations, has removable rails for multiple uses of the truck bed and works with a coiling bed cover. What more could you ask for other than a cheap price? FYI, the rack starts at $1999.00 without removeable rails.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Unread 05-31-2017, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
You obviously have not seen the Nuthouse Rambox rack in person. It is model specific and fits no other truck. The lines follow the rake of the back and sides of the cab perfectly. The low version fits within a 1/2" of the Rambox lid when opened. It breaks down for shipping, bolts into existing bolt locations, has removable rails for multiple uses of the truck bed and works with a coiling bed cover. What more could you ask for other than a cheap price? FYI, the rack starts at $1999.00 without removeable rails.
Then consider better photos on the website. Becuase it doesn't look like it. And seeing it "in person" isn't a great sell if you're hoping people from all over will buy one. The ones near the cab appear to bend back. Or am I just seeing things. It looked flared out and not matching the cab. Maybe I'm wrong.

I made my assumption based on the product page: https://nuthouseindustries.com/shop/...nutzo-classic/ "All makes and models" down in the ordering section. But I guess maybe I should of read the over view a bit more. When I say that and based on my assumption, I figured this was being modeled to fit different vehicles. From a seller's standpoint, the more you can sell to different makes, the more product you can move, the bigger your audience. Makes total sense. But also means design compromises to fit the various truck bodies and styles. But guess I'm wrong there?

Mounting to existing hardware sounds nice, but will anyone's cover work with it? Like a retrac or rollback? Or just the one you are selling?

Those are my criticisms. Sounds more appropriately priced now that I've heard some of the additional details. The photos here on this site though made me think this was some bar I could have a local shop do for around a grand. And I know a talented welded/fabricator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Power Products View Post
This is also made in America, shippable since it breaks down into individual pieces and ridiculously sturdy.
Ok that's beautiful. Who makes this? You guys? Planning on selling?

Last edited by BoldAdventure; 05-31-2017 at 03:36 PM.
Unread 05-31-2017, 03:29 PM

Nemesis Industries made it for us, we will be selling them shortly. We are working out some of the other details. Making them so you can still run some sort of tonneau cover in underneath them as well as a couple different height options.