Go Back   American Expedition Vehicles - Product Forums > All AEV Products > Ram, Prospector, Recruit Parts & Product Discussion

Closed Thread
Unread 04-22-2016, 10:52 AM

Those two photos we actually have on a board at the shop. Plans are to be as modular as possible. Appreciate the feedback. Had not considered the 270 deg awning, but you are the second to add comment as such. Doing research on those last night and later today. Had planned on using an ARB or CVT awning but I see the advantage to the larger for some

NutHouse Industries LLC
Unread 04-22-2016, 11:28 AM

Awesome. Yea those are both very cool designs.

Ram box compatibility is key for me and if not then easily installed and uninstalled would be the absolute min.
Unread 04-22-2016, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutHouse Industires View Post
Those two photos we actually have on a board at the shop. Plans are to be as modular as possible. Appreciate the feedback. Had not considered the 270 deg awning, but you are the second to add comment as such. Doing research on those last night and later today. Had planned on using an ARB or CVT awning but I see the advantage to the larger for some

NutHouse Industries LLC
that design is a good one if it can be swapped out to the 4 post system. Having the ability to attach my max traxxs is another thing that popped into my head this morning.
Unread 04-25-2016, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTEngineer View Post
This for sure. Also I second the option to fit ram boxes as well as fit a 270deg awning.

Also if we could have something on the side or back for jacks, roto packs and the like would be great! See pictures below.

I would shower money down on the person who could build me something like this that fitted my Ram Boxes.
Unread 05-20-2016, 10:20 PM

Is this rack going to be available for purchase? any update pics?
Unread 05-21-2016, 06:08 AM

Yes. We will be offering a couple of standard racks along with custom racks. We are currently mocking a up a couple to make sure we have the look we want along with being modular. We are also going to try and have one for the RamBox as well. Will need a donor truck once we start the racks for them.

The past few weeks have been crazy busy as we are racing to get MixedNuts built for the UORE. The chassis and modular living quarters showed up almost 2 months late and put us behinds and we are focusing all to most of our time and effort to finish this build for the show.

NutHouse Industries LLC
Unread 05-21-2016, 06:45 AM

Looks great man! I am even more excited to hear that you can add accessories. What is the clearance measurement from the bed rail to the bottom of the rack? How much does the rack weigh?
Unread 05-21-2016, 05:14 PM

Default Bed Rack for Ram

Have the measurements in a file at the shop. Racks will be all aluminum. Playing with 2" x 2" alum tube and 2" alum tubing

With my truck I plan on doing a flat aluminum deck on top of the bed rails with the rack mounted to deck. Will have a SlideMaster aluminum slide in the bed to access the gear in the bed. 63qt ARB mounted to the slide, Partner steel stove, 25 gal water tank , etc

A few on this forum have sent drawings, specs and other requests. A couple for full expedition style beds. Wrapping those bids up between working on MixedNuts. Appreciate your patience. Never dreamed we would be buried with so much work in a short period of time. It's all good and truly blessed

Our very first "Peanut" sold this week. We thought it was "fully" loaded. She added 2nd ARB 63qt, provisions for 7 bikes, ARB twin compressor for OB air, and a few other items. It is headed to Montana in a couple weeks after UORE and will be upfitted with the additional request before heading west. She is evening looking at adding AC and heat to the CVT RTT

Have two additional models arriving in about a month to month and a half to upfit and take from conceptual to reality.

NutHouse Industries LLC

Last edited by NutHouse Industires; 05-21-2016 at 05:31 PM.
Unread 05-21-2016, 06:46 PM

The ability to be very flexible with strapping stuff down
Unread 06-17-2016, 05:48 PM

any update on this?
Closed Thread