Go Back   American Expedition Vehicles - Product Forums > American Expedition Vehicles > Expeditions and Back Country Adventures using AEV Products

Unread 08-30-2016, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubatech View Post
I remember that trail was tough in the 80's along with the Sierra Trek / Fordyce Creek. Actually a River. Those trails seem to be as popular as the Moab area these days.
The Fordyce Creek trail is only about 10 miles long, but it's supposed to be more difficult than the Dusy Ershim. http://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/ca...reek-4x4-trail I was invited to run it with a group from San Diego, but they told me that the chance of some body damage was high. Since my Jeep is not a basher, I declined the offer. Lots of other great places to wheel.
Unread 08-30-2016, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexjc View Post
The Fordyce Creek trail is only about 10 miles long, but it's supposed to be more difficult than the Dusy Ershim. http://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/ca...reek-4x4-trail I was invited to run it with a group from San Diego, but they told me that the chance of some body damage was high. Since my Jeep is not a basher, I declined the offer. Lots of other great places to wheel.
True according to a young person that stopped by our campsite . He said the same thing about damage on Fordyce . Not for me !
Unread 08-30-2016, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panhead5 View Post
True according to a young person that stopped by our campsite . He said the same thing about damage on Fordyce . Not for me !
What did he say? That he just puts a new body on every year or so lol. He said his dad was a doctor so spoiled Cali kid. He was social tho and spotted my quality beer right off the bat lol
Unread 08-31-2016, 08:49 AM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panhead5 View Post
Scubie -- I'm coming to live with you and donjku !!!
Come on out. We're not as cool as Montana where Jeff is but lots of trails and alignment shops for employment!!

My Jeep. 2014 JKU, 6.4L Hemi AEV kit, 2.5" AEV lift, 35" Duratrac's. Gen Right aluminum bumpers, Warn VR 8000 winch. Pro Rock 44.
Unread 09-04-2016, 07:38 PM

http://s743.photobucket.com/user/jad...?sort=3&page=1

here are some better photos if you are bored and want to look thru.
Unread 09-05-2016, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffd View Post
http://s743.photobucket.com/user/jad...?sort=3&page=1

here are some better photos if you are bored and want to look thru.
Not bored at all. Great photos. The timeline in Photobucket is reversed. Once I realized that, I went to the last photo and used the Left arrow. Looks like the Saltas's picked up a little rock rash along the way. What tire pressure were you running and who bought pink Maxtrax Running the Dusy-Ershim trail kind of grows on you. At first, you're just happy to have reached the end (survived) of the trail. As time goes on, you grow to appreciate what a great trail it is and what an epic adventure it was.
Unread 09-05-2016, 02:52 PM

Lol like those pink Barbie traxs lol. I scored a deal on them on a close out like $85 so I figured wth lol. I ran 14psi yes a little rash but I found ace bbq paint matches perfectly and now they look new again. If it were say 500 miles away I might consider it again but it is too far to go back. I'm glad it's off the bucket list tho. It really makes me appreciate how tough jeeps are tho. Do that trail jump on the interstate at 80mph for 1200 miles and smooth as silk. I tell you and bob will too, my r/t's are boss on that type of terrain. Only way they would have been better is if they were 37's. Thanks for the trip advice it was very useful. Hey we got to meet Eddie from way a life and he is a stuck up twerp. Stayed right next to me at the motel and would not acknowledge me if two feet away in the parking lot. We were done with trail and unloading mine and bobs only rigs in the lot he parks way away and does not even look at me when he has to walk by as I'm unloading it was obvious we were just getting off the trail. I won't watch his videos again
Unread 09-05-2016, 03:53 PM

Crap I see what you mean I loaded them in the wrong order. You can view oldest to newest but I can't seem to change it to auto load that way.
Unread 09-05-2016, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffd View Post
Lol like those pink Barbie traxs lol. I scored a deal on them on a close out like $85 so I figured wth lol. I ran 14psi yes a little rash but I found ace bbq paint matches perfectly and now they look new again. If it were say 500 miles away I might consider it again but it is too far to go back. I'm glad it's off the bucket list tho. It really makes me appreciate how tough jeeps are tho. Do that trail jump on the interstate at 80mph for 1200 miles and smooth as silk. I tell you and bob will too, my r/t's are boss on that type of terrain. Only way they would have been better is if they were 37's. Thanks for the trip advice it was very useful. Hey we got to meet Eddie from way a life and he is a stuck up twerp. Stayed right next to me at the motel and would not acknowledge me if two feet away in the parking lot. We were done with trail and unloading mine and bobs only rigs in the lot he parks way away and does not even look at me when he has to walk by as I'm unloading it was obvious we were just getting off the trail. I won't watch his videos again
I have left the forum . I am now a member of Wayalife !!!