Go Back   American Expedition Vehicles - Product Forums > All AEV Products > JK Parts Discussion (2007+ Jeep Wrangler)

Unread 05-30-2017, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEV Chris View Post
Yes, Galaxy Black is now in stock!
Hi, is Galaxy Black a metallic? Thank you!
Unread 05-30-2017, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by porterror View Post
Any better pics of the galaxy black? (Non-Machined and no ring) and any date for order? They seem to be not available to select on site.

I was just googling for some pics of the galaxy black and found this one. I was REALLY hoping they'd be selling some of the bronze borah beadlocks but I may have to go for the galaxy black if that's not possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unread 05-30-2017, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tango11 View Post
I was just googling for some pics of the galaxy black and found this one. I was REALLY hoping they'd be selling some of the bronze borah beadlocks but I may have to go for the galaxy black if that's not possible.

Never mind! That doesn't show galaxy black. I'm not able to tell the difference between the onyx and galaxy. See? Bronze would definitely be noticeable difference! Lol

Unread 05-31-2017, 09:03 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by porterror View Post
Any idea when re-sellers are expected to get inventory?
They should start receiving inventory this week or next.
cholt@aev-conversions.com
Unread 06-16-2017, 10:33 AM

Quote:
They should start receiving inventory this week or next.
Chris, can you explain what exactly the item "AEV90306024AA" is? It costs $5/per wheel and seems to be backordered at multiple places currently. Is it needed to mount/balance the wheels?

"No Ring – The Borah wheel can be installed without a ring for a simple, minimalist look. AEV supplies black nylon hardware for this configuration to prevent dirt and debris from building up inside the threaded bolt holes. AEV90306024AA is required if you choose this option."
Unread 06-16-2017, 11:12 AM
Administrator

That item number you are referring to is a plastic hardware kit to fill in the holes that would normally receive the bolts for the protection ring or beadlock ring. This is a vital component to keep sand, dirt and debris out of the opening while not running either ring on the wheel.
cholt@aev-conversions.com
Unread 06-16-2017, 01:36 PM

Quote:
That item number you are referring to is a plastic hardware kit to fill in the holes that would normally receive the bolts for the protection ring or beadlock ring. This is a vital component to keep sand, dirt and debris out of the opening while not running either ring on the wheel.
They are saying it's part #AEV90306024AA. Yes, the description says "AEV supplies black nylon hardware for this configuration to prevent dirt and debris from building up inside the threaded bolt holes.".

- What does this actually look like? Is it visible in the pictures posted on AEV?

- Since it's backordered at the vendor I ordered from, can I mount my wheels without it until I receive the hardware kit? Then, put on the wheels after they are mounted?