Go Back   American Expedition Vehicles - Product Forums > All AEV Products > Brute and Brute Double Cab Pickup Discussion

Unread 09-21-2010, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoparNorm View Post
Well, I'm not an Aussie (but my lockers are!)
An Anodized finish can be scratched, but it's much hardier than paint or powder as it's impregnated into the the aluminum...and I hate brite shiny Jeeps. In the SoCal Sun you might start a forest fire or blind the driver next to you...
Niether am I!! Haha. It's dark 7 months outta the year here haha, gotta see something bright ;-)
Unread 09-21-2010, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrmtj View Post
Niether am I!! Haha. It's dark 7 months outta the year here haha, gotta see something bright ;-)
Ha! Ha! I love it up there in the Summer, but I get pretty tired when the Sun is up for 21 hours...
Unread 09-24-2010, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowboy View Post
I hate to be the politically incorrect dissenting vote here ... but ...

what you might gain in function, you lose ten times over in form.

That product is aesthetically challenged in my humble opinion.

Carry on.
I agree completely that the Brute bed looks better than a tray. That said, I think the tray does look unique and the added function would make it well worthwhile, IMHO. This is definitely one of those "to each their own" kind of things, obviously. But options are good!

You put a 37" tire in the normal Brute bed to go wheeling and you have VERY little space left for other stuff, for one. For another, being able to drop the sides or the gate is very useful. Then there's just the added footprint. I love the idea. If I were building a Brute, I'd go this route even if I had to fab the bed myself. I'm going to keep my Brute bed, but when this is available, I'm buying one and swapping over. I'll keep the Brute bed for that inevitable day when I move on to the next great thing (like a JK Brute...it'll happen!).

And for those that care what other people think, there's the other angle on this...I've had a TON of people think my Brute was just some cool way you could order a Jeep from the factory. Get that all the time (have even just overheard people talking in parking lots as I am walking back to it saying basically that!). That is to say it looks "too" factory for those that want people to KNOW it's custom. I don't think you'll have that trouble if you put a tray on there.

It only bugs me that people think the V8 is factory. Don't we wish!

--Donnie
Unread 09-27-2010, 09:45 PM

Any updates Dave?
Unread 01-11-2017, 10:10 AM

I assume this morphed into the Prospector Traybed, but does anyone know what happened to this one? Was it ever offered for sale?
Unread 01-29-2017, 07:21 PM

Look up uteltd.com