Go Back   American Expedition Vehicles - Product Forums > All AEV Products > Ram, Prospector, Recruit Parts & Product Discussion

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Unread 08-30-2015, 08:49 AM
stunt man hans stunt man hans is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 221
Default

onto some fun stuff here is some progress pics of the family truckster lol enjoy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8225.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	133.3 KB
ID:	15309  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8229.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	126.4 KB
ID:	15312  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8230.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	126.3 KB
ID:	15313  
Attached Images
  
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 08-30-2015, 09:00 AM
stunt man hans stunt man hans is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 221
Default

line-x premium on the front and rear bumpers color matched granite grey.
turned out pretty sweet i'm liking it on this limited trim ram.
Attached Images
   
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 09-06-2015, 08:46 AM
Brutal TJ Brutal TJ is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 48
Default

How much did the Line-X cost you for your bumpers? I don't have much around here and both places are owned by the same guy. $900 to coat a pair of stock bumpers seems a bit crazy to me.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 09-06-2015, 01:33 PM
04Ram2500Hemi's Avatar
04Ram2500Hemi 04Ram2500Hemi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Missoula, MT
Posts: 310
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutal TJ View Post
How much did the Line-X cost you for your bumpers? I don't have much around here and both places are owned by the same guy. $900 to coat a pair of stock bumpers seems a bit crazy to me.
Wow- that's high. Seems to me it was $250 per bumper when I did my front and rear, and $200 for the grill.
__________________
2012 Ram Power Wagon
Truxedo Deuce Bed Cover with Bed Lights, Black Line-X Rocker Panel, Custom Built Rock Rails Sprayed with Line-X, Front & Rear Bumper and Grill sprayed with Line-X, Husky Mud Flaps, Four VisionX Xmitter Low Pro Prime XP LED Light Bars Behind the Grill, LED Lights Mounted in the Rear Bumper, Heated Seats, Interior LED Lighting, NAV-TV, Camera Mounted in Front Grill, Custom Headache Rack, AEV Raised Air Intake, Salta HD Wheels, 285/75/17 Toyo A/T II Tires
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 12-29-2015, 07:13 PM
Manchester's Avatar
Manchester Manchester is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Northwest Montana
Posts: 163
Question Need some traction

So today I almost got the truck stuck on the road to the cabin we are living in on some fresh slippy snow with a bit of incline. Had to put it in 4 low and let it spin & churn its way to the top. My truck does not have traction control or the factory LSD.

I don't plan on any real hardcore offroad with the truck but I do need to get up snow covered roads/trails and not sit spinning at stoplights. Would I be be best served with a TrueTrac that is gonna be working all the time?

This may have jumped to the top of the to do list after today.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 12-29-2015, 07:48 PM
Wapitihunter Wapitihunter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: 6,300' asl
Posts: 731
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manchester View Post
So today I almost got the truck stuck on the road to the cabin we are living in on some fresh slippy snow with a bit of incline. Had to put it in 4 low and let it spin & churn its way to the top. My truck does not have traction control or the factory LSD.

I don't plan on any real hardcore offroad with the truck but I do need to get up snow covered roads/trails and not sit spinning at stoplights. Would I be be best served with a TrueTrac that is gonna be working all the time?

This may have jumped to the top of the to do list after today.
depends...

Were all 4 tires moving? Or 2 of them?

I buried my truck in a 3' drift / ditch and climbed out w/ lockers a few days ago...father in law was behind me thinking he was going to have to pull me out wondering WTF I was doing (purposely let off the throttle and let the truck settle in it :-) ). Lockers helped because 2 of the tires had pressure on them. If all 4 of yours were spinning, not sure a locker is going to do you much good, infact I purposely don't ever run it when side hilling and not sure I would recommend something like a detroit in snow (you probably know this). Just a set of cable type chains would probably suffice for you (quick and easy).

Also, what tire pressures you running front and rear?

Fresh slippy snow = trending towards chains if your towing, exactly the kind of crud that scares the crap out of you in october if your caught without them.
__________________
2014 CCSB Tradesman 2500 -- G56 -- AEV dualsport -- AEV Katla -- 37x12.5r17 Toyo R/T -- 315/70r17 Nokian Hakkapeliitta -- AEV bumper -- VisionX 6.7" light cannon -- Warn 16.5TI -- Mopar flares -- 8.4" Uconnect swap w/ customtronix jailbreak (front/rear/trailer cam) -- 3.73 gears w/ ARB front and rear -- Switch-Pros 8100
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Unread 12-29-2015, 08:11 PM
Manchester's Avatar
Manchester Manchester is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Northwest Montana
Posts: 163
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapitihunter View Post
depends...

Were all 4 tires moving? Or 2 of them?

I buried my truck in a 3' drift / ditch and climbed out w/ lockers a few days ago...father in law was behind me thinking he was going to have to pull me out wondering WTF I was doing (purposely let off the throttle and let the truck settle in it :-) ). Lockers helped because 2 of the tires had pressure on them. If all 4 of yours were spinning, not sure a locker is going to do you much good, infact I purposely don't ever run it when side hilling and not sure I would recommend something like a detroit in snow (you probably know this). Just a set of cable type chains would probably suffice for you (quick and easy).

Also, what tire pressures you running front and rear?

Fresh slippy snow = trending towards chains if your towing, exactly the kind of crud that scares the crap out of you in october if your caught without them.
Not sure but thinking that only two were spinning at any time.

Running light load pressure (60 psi front / 45 psi rear)

Gonna pick up a set of cable chains just in case.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 12-29-2015, 08:18 PM
Wapitihunter Wapitihunter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: 6,300' asl
Posts: 731
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manchester View Post
Not sure but thinking that only two were spinning at any time.

Running light load pressure (60 psi front / 45 psi rear)

Gonna pick up a set of cable chains just in case.
you might try checking the load chart for the tires. Will probably drop your PSI below what the truck wants, but could be safe for highway use and will help alot with your foot print. Might not need chains at all, just drop down to 40 and 30 or something. I'll see if i can find a load chart, most companies are not posting them any more.
__________________
2014 CCSB Tradesman 2500 -- G56 -- AEV dualsport -- AEV Katla -- 37x12.5r17 Toyo R/T -- 315/70r17 Nokian Hakkapeliitta -- AEV bumper -- VisionX 6.7" light cannon -- Warn 16.5TI -- Mopar flares -- 8.4" Uconnect swap w/ customtronix jailbreak (front/rear/trailer cam) -- 3.73 gears w/ ARB front and rear -- Switch-Pros 8100
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 12-29-2015, 08:41 PM
Manchester's Avatar
Manchester Manchester is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Northwest Montana
Posts: 163
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapitihunter View Post
you might try checking the load chart for the tires. Will probably drop your PSI below what the truck wants, but could be safe for highway use and will help alot with your foot print. Might not need chains at all, just drop down to 40 and 30 or something. I'll see if i can find a load chart, most companies are not posting them any more.
https://toyotires2-1524598101.netdna...s_20151020.pdf

According to this I could drop to 35 in the rear and 40 in the front, if I am reading it correctly and my math is right. Used the base weight off the Ram body builders guide. 4574# front and 2822# rear.

Last edited by Manchester; 12-29-2015 at 08:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Unread 12-29-2015, 09:34 PM
Wapitihunter Wapitihunter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: 6,300' asl
Posts: 731
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manchester View Post
https://toyotires2-1524598101.netdna...s_20151020.pdf

According to this I could drop to 35 in the rear and 40 in the front, if I am reading it correctly and my math is right. Used the base weight off the Ram body builders guide. 4574# front and 2822# rear.
That gets you close, but does not include any other weight (people, some optional equipment, yadda ). Local dump might give you axle weights for free. I ran similar pressures on mine and saw an improvement in traction but worse gas mileage. Better tire wear.
__________________
2014 CCSB Tradesman 2500 -- G56 -- AEV dualsport -- AEV Katla -- 37x12.5r17 Toyo R/T -- 315/70r17 Nokian Hakkapeliitta -- AEV bumper -- VisionX 6.7" light cannon -- Warn 16.5TI -- Mopar flares -- 8.4" Uconnect swap w/ customtronix jailbreak (front/rear/trailer cam) -- 3.73 gears w/ ARB front and rear -- Switch-Pros 8100
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.