Go Back   American Expedition Vehicles - Product Forums > All AEV Products > Ram, Prospector, Recruit Parts & Product Discussion

Unread 04-12-2017, 03:09 PM

Been an AEV fan for years now and I hate to tell you... AEV has been doing this for years. Only clock they are on is their own and not to worried about the few folks that go the other way.

Besides, from what I've seen in terms of bumpers for these things, even if you do go a different route, there's a good possibility you'll come right on back when it finally does get released.
http://forum.aev-conversions.com/showthread.php?t=3620
Unread 04-12-2017, 10:22 PM

Default Rear bumper

I just bought a rear winch bumper from Hard Notch Customs Vancouver WA
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170412_211434.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	328.7 KB
ID:	22011  
Unread 05-23-2017, 05:15 AM

I could really use the swing out on an AEV rear bumper to get the 37" spare tire out of the bed! I need the room! Dave, when can we get the rear bumper!? I need one and want one from AEV!
Unread 05-23-2017, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEVRAM3500 View Post
I could really use the swing out on an AEV rear bumper to get the 37" spare tire out of the bed! I need the room! Dave, when can we get the rear bumper!? I need one and want one from AEV!
X2!! Tried a hitchgate, rattled all over the place and set off the parking sensors. Any plans for a rear Prospector bumper?
Unread 05-23-2017, 02:50 PM

I've been thinking about how AEV would design one and what features it would have based on how they designed the other Prospector parts.

I think they would design a bumper that has the option of sensors as well as, stay with me here, a tank built into the bumper, like the JK, but instead of water it would possibly be for fuel and transfer into the main tank. I'm not sure if it will have a spare carrier though. Since no matter how you mount it, it would block the backup camera, unless they work with Chrysler to develop a relocation kit for the camera.

I don't know, obviously, but I think those features would be very AEV like.

Either way, a must for me is the camera. Since these trucks are so big you really need to be able to utilize every inch of usable maneuvering space possible and a camera is the best solution to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unread 05-23-2017, 04:36 PM

Integrate camera mount above licence plate. Flat top bumper with a full width notch for a step. Shackle mounts to match the front, Optional winch mount. Swing out tire carrier on passenger side. Led back up lights on a manual/ auto switch. Also a horn so if you hit horn in reverse rear horn blows.
Unread 05-24-2017, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTEngineer View Post
I've been thinking about how AEV would design one and what features it would have based on how they designed the other Prospector parts.

I think they would design a bumper that has the option of sensors as well as, stay with me here, a tank built into the bumper, like the JK, but instead of water it would possibly be for fuel and transfer into the main tank. I'm not sure if it will have a spare carrier though. Since no matter how you mount it, it would block the backup camera, unless they work with Chrysler to develop a relocation kit for the camera.

I don't know, obviously, but I think those features would be very AEV like.

Either way, a must for me is the camera. Since these trucks are so big you really need to be able to utilize every inch of usable maneuvering space possible and a camera is the best solution to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am sure that AEV would think of a relocation for the back up cam and also include the back up sensors. Everyone knows these trucks are massive and without the help backing up is simply dangerous!

another thing I thought of, if having a camper shell/hard top or a rack in the back, maybe one could add the cargo cam 3rd brake light and mount that on the top rear of the hard top or rack and use this cam instead of the one in the tail gate. Not sure, just an idea I might actually try out!

I also want sth strong with recovery points and LED back up lights, as well as a tire/can holder. Maybe a dual swing out. The short bed is just worthless with a 37 inch spare laying flat in there. I would like to be able to use the bed, but do not want to drive around without the spare tire.

Also a high lift jack mount would be great on the swing out, like they have done for the JK.

The water or diesel tank option would be cool to, as would the dual control switch for the led lights to control them as battery on or on with the back up lights.
Unread 05-29-2017, 05:21 PM

Strong recovery points and full side protection are a must for me. I don't really care about the need for a rear winch. I wheel my truck in Moab and I tow regularly. Banging the crap out of the hitch is annoying.

But full protection on the back of the fenders, even if I have to cut them, like the Mercenary high clearance bomber bumper would be awesome.

I'm really jealous of the rear bumper options for Toyota Tacoma's. So many great looking bumpers, offering full protection.

My only other want, would be better clearances at the corners. When I come down off something, I have a tendency to tap a corner.
Unread 05-30-2017, 11:49 AM

I agree with the annoying whacking of the rear hitch and even with as little overhang as there is on the back of this truck I did use the corners of the bumper to keep things away from the body. Very happy with hos this bumper turned out. Clearance for days which lets me push things a lot farther.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1397.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	22477  
Unread 06-01-2017, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RF2200 View Post
Your picture demonstrates that the problem is not just the bumper, but the sheet metal behind the rear tire. This sheet metal should go and the rear bumper should go all the way to the wheel well the same way that the Brute Double Cab rear bumper goes all the way to the wheel well. People are already going to be cutting their trucks for the flares.
This extension to the wheel well could be a bolt on affair similar to the bumper ends for the front bumper. This would allow for the correct sizing for 37" and 40" tires/flares and would allow people to forgo the extensions all together if they do not want to cut.
I would like to say goodbye to the metal behind the tire like DPP. I like the bumper that you have made up. It wouldn't be hard to tie it back into the frame rail. I would take clearance over a rear winch. Additionally, If I were going to use a rear winch I would mount it between the frame rails forward in the spare tire location. Also, most of the trailers I pull are military style pintle trailers and I would not mind a higher hitch.
Land Rover 110
Unimog U1200
Husqvarna TR650 Terra Touratech