Go Back   American Expedition Vehicles - Product Forums > All AEV Products > Ram, Prospector, Recruit Parts & Product Discussion

Unread 02-14-2017, 01:21 PM

I have the AUX switches in my truck. They are great for work lights, rock lights or back up lights, but I want something I can reach easier for the LED lights and the Air Lockers. So this panel would be perfect for that and using the AUX switches for my backup and rock lights.
Unread 02-14-2017, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacCTD View Post
Why not use the OEM? It can be retrofitted if not installed from the factory.
How? Is there a kit I don't know about?

2015 Hellcat Charger B5 Blue - loaded
Unread 02-15-2017, 10:53 PM

SPOD 4x4 SE with Touch Screen, is all I'm saying.

But the switch panel from AEV does look nice. I also like the factory AUX switch idea. But since I already have the SPOD...
Custom expedition cargo box - Complete
Unread 02-16-2017, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoutermike View Post
There is not a kit, there are some posts on www.cumminsforum.com where people have added them.
Unread 02-16-2017, 03:56 AM

Default Oem

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoutermike View Post
Depending on the level of options your truck has if going with the OEM setup you may loose some hard buttons on the dash. These buttons would be replaced with the factory switch panel. These buttons are in a row under the radio that control things like the heated/cooled seats , heated steering wheel etc.
They can be controlled through the 8.4 radio. I did not want to lose those hard buttons. I installed an SPOD HD SE. It works well. I do however really like the look of the AEV prototype switch panel in the SEMA truck
Unread 02-16-2017, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOR View Post
Depending on the level of options your truck has if going with the OEM setup you may loose some hard buttons on the dash. These buttons would be replaced with the factory switch panel. These buttons are in a row under the radio that control things like the heated/cooled seats , heated steering wheel etc.
They can be controlled through the 8.4 radio. I did not want to lose those hard buttons. I installed an SPOD HD SE. It works well. I do however really like the look of the AEV prototype switch panel in the SEMA truck
I have a classic SPOD in my Jeep and the OEM aux switch setup in the Prospector.

The Prospector OEM aux switches take over the heated seats and steering wheel switches. It is sort of annoying to access those functions through the flat panel as it always involves at least a couple display swaps to get to the right menu.

The OEM aux switches work as advertised and are more programmable than the SPOD switches I have in the Jeep. (Ignition on, always on, etc. can be programmed through the dash.)

The OEM switches are a bit clumsy, they are located low on the console and there isn't much tactile feedback when using them. This is OK for the aux lights, but I might want to move the locker on/off to a "real" switch located more conveniently at some point.

Overall I would view the OEM vs SPOD as different, but quality solutions to the same problem. One is really just making personal tradeoffs in choosing one or the other. I suspect before I'm done I'll end up with both in the RAM.
Unread 02-16-2017, 01:27 PM

This being the 21st Century, here is a product that I have been running for quite some time and rocks. It is all solid state so no fuses to worry about and it will auto reset if it has an excessive amp draws out of a circuit. It will also give you a warning if there is an issue with that circuit. Above and beyond it having the switch panel they also have an App that lets you control it with your smart phone. We have build an AEV style switch mount for the top of the centerstack in the past using the SPod but there is a really cool spot on the headliner just to the back of the front dome lights that this little switch pro can mount super easy.

http://www.dieselpowerproducts.com/p...er-system.aspx
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TI8A8605-800px.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	21541  
Unread 02-16-2017, 01:28 PM

Oh and the factory switch's are cool but they don't have labels and they aren't the easiest thing to hit when your driving down the road. Just my two cents.
Unread 02-16-2017, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Power Products View Post
This being the 21st Century, here is a product that I have been running for quite some time and rocks. It is all solid state so no fuses to worry about and it will auto reset if it has an excessive amp draws out of a circuit. It will also give you a warning if there is an issue with that circuit. Above and beyond it having the switch panel they also have an App that lets you control it with your smart phone. We have build an AEV style switch mount for the top of the centerstack in the past using the SPod but there is a really cool spot on the headliner just to the back of the front dome lights that this little switch pro can mount super easy.

http://www.dieselpowerproducts.com/p...er-system.aspx

Got any photos of it mounted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unread 02-16-2017, 01:46 PM

I will in about a week, designed the aluminum bezel to go around it and am starting on it this weekend. I will definitely have pics though.