Go Back   American Expedition Vehicles - Product Forums > All AEV Products > Ram, Prospector, Recruit Parts & Product Discussion

Unread 04-18-2017, 10:31 PM

My frikin palms are sweating just looking at that pic of you guys. NO WAY IN HELL!!!!!
Unread 04-19-2017, 10:49 AM

Default Diesel Power Products XL build

It is a long way down for sure. But it is really fun stepping out of the comfort zone.
Unread 04-24-2017, 10:04 AM

Well this weekend was an absolute blast. Had my own personal tour guide to some great scenery in the #notellumcreek mountain range. Had a road trip to Kalispell for my son's Lacrosse tournament and while we had some down time we went on the hunt for some snow wheeling. Unbelievable views and still quite a bit of snow on the ground. Final tire psi so that we could keep moving was 7 psi front and 4 psi rear. We could have dropped a bit more in the front to make it easier but thought that we would leave it as our safety so we had options if things got squeaky.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	149.2 KB
ID:	22159  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1452.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	106.6 KB
ID:	22160  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1448.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	22161  
Unread 04-24-2017, 02:54 PM

What's the size/specs on those KMC wheels?
Unread 04-24-2017, 03:15 PM

They are the 17x9 with 3.5" B.S. KMC Machette Crawl. We sell them, they are a real beadlock but have a really thick beadlock ring that doesn't deflect with the bigger beaded tires like the 40's and they use 3/8" hardware instead of 5/16" so I have yet to have a beadlock bolt break on me. Some of the other cool design features are the windows in the beadlock ring that allow any water to spill out instead of filling up in the wheel, or mud for that matter. We sell that wheel at DPP. Ashfurd would be a great tech to talk to about them 8663798685 ext 107.
Unread 04-24-2017, 03:40 PM

Damn, that truck look great in ints natural environment.

Can you (if you get a chance) post up how your onboard air is mounted... Im assuming its an ARB twin filling those guys back up.

Thanks , ZIG
Unread 04-24-2017, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Power Products View Post
They are the 17x9 with 3.5" B.S. KMC Machette Crawl. We sell them, they are a real beadlock but have a really thick beadlock ring that doesn't deflect with the bigger beaded tires like the 40's and they use 3/8" hardware instead of 5/16" so I have yet to have a beadlock bolt break on me. Some of the other cool design features are the windows in the beadlock ring that allow any water to spill out instead of filling up in the wheel, or mud for that matter. We sell that wheel at DPP. Ashfurd would be a great tech to talk to about them 8663798685 ext 107.
Nice looking wheels. I personally wouldn't want to run a beadlock on my daily driven rig due to the level of maintenance required. Been there done that.

I'd be curious what other options XL guys have other than Katla's to get the correct offest/fender clearance. It's going to be hard to give up my Salta's when moving up to the XL some day...
Unread 04-24-2017, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazzubob View Post
Nice looking wheels. I personally wouldn't want to run a beadlock on my daily driven rig due to the level of maintenance required. Been there done that.

I'd be curious what other options XL guys have other than Katla's to get the correct offest/fender clearance. It's going to be hard to give up my Salta's when moving up to the XL some day...

You could do the internal inflatable bead locks with the salta

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Unread 04-24-2017, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTEngineer View Post
You could do the internal inflatable bead locks with the salta

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Don't want beadlocks. I'm looking for future wheel options with the proper offset for high mark fender flares.
Unread 04-25-2017, 10:17 AM

I totally understand your reservations for beadlocks and have had the same issues with them in the past. That is part of the reason I am running these ones. The 3/8" hardware doesn't have the problems that every other beadlock does since 99% of all beadlocks use 5/16" hardware and the heads pop off with 40" tires due to the bead being so thick it deflects the beadlock ring and brakes them. Or worse doesn't clamp the beadlock ring completely to the surface then in the winter allows water down between the two surfaces so when it freezes it breaks them. Trail ready makes a non beadlock that gets as close to perfect as possible I have looked through countless wheels for just the right offset and most wheel manufacturers set them up based on 35/37" tires with either a 4.75 or 4.5" B.S. on a 17x8.5. A 17x9 with 4" would be great.