Go Back   American Expedition Vehicles - Product Forums > All AEV Products > Ram, Prospector, Recruit Parts & Product Discussion

Unread 04-18-2017, 07:00 PM

Default 3rd Gen Power Wagon

Picked up a low mileage 07 Power Wagon. Working on getting rid of most of the chrome. These trucks seem to be getting harder to find and this one had pretty much every option and only 55k miles. Added some 35x12.50 Toyo R/T's and had the bumpers, white knuckle sliders and Saltas all color matched. Also did a truck vault all weather and Snugtop Xtra Vision. Black Grill coming soon along with some Fox Shocks from Thuren. Upgraded the steering and track bar also. I really like the Saltas for the 3rd gen. Plan on taking this on the White Rim trail in May

Pete
Attached Images

Unread 04-18-2017, 07:19 PM

Another 3rd Gen with Saltas here!

I agree, they are a great wheel for these trucks with nearly stock backspacing. AEV should really start advertising these to fit the older trucks!

Unread 04-18-2017, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteEinMT View Post
Picked up a low mileage 07 Power Wagon. Working on getting rid of most of the chrome. These trucks seem to be getting harder to find and this one had pretty much every option and only 55k miles. Added some 35x12.50 Toyo R/T's and had the bumpers, white knuckle sliders and Saltas all color matched. Also did a truck vault all weather and Snugtop Xtra Vision. Black Grill coming soon along with some Fox Shocks from Thuren. Upgraded the steering and track bar also. I really like the Saltas for the 3rd gen. Plan on taking this on the White Rim trail in May

Pete
NICE!! That Truck Vault system looks really nice! Nice find!

Ben
2007 5.7L HEMI Sahara Unlimited - Sold
2010 6.1L HEMI Rubicon Unlimited - Sold
2011 6.4L (392) HEMI Rubicon Unlimited - Sold
2002 4.0L AEV Brute - Sold
2003 6.4L "Stroker" HEMI AEV Brute - Sold
2005 4.0L SC AEV K9 Brute
2014 345 HEMI Rubicon Xpo Adventurer
2000 4.0L AEV 112 Long Wheelbase
2006 4.0L AEV Brute Rubicon
Unread 04-18-2017, 08:38 PM

nice build up there. whens the first trip?
Unread 04-19-2017, 07:40 AM

Dang, that's nice, good find! I have been looking for a 3rd generation Power Wagon with a manual transmission for months now, which is really a rare combo, but not too often do low mileage 3rd gen Power Wagons come up in my search. I have located a manual wagon in CA and expect the owner to deliver it here to Billings in mid May. I have already purchased a topper nearly identical to the one you have (ARE with Windoors w/sliders), and plan on doing drawers similar as well. Definitely post pics when you get some trips under your belt!
Unread 04-19-2017, 07:55 AM

Beautiful truck Pete!

Ward
2014 Jeep JK
Unread 04-19-2017, 08:08 AM

Pete, you always seems to pick up the coolest rigs (the CJ8, YJ, Hemi LJ, Brute, Mohave GC, now the power wagon), and I never see you part with any I've them. I know I'm not the only one living vicariously through your purchases. Congrats on yet another cool rig.
Unread 04-19-2017, 07:48 PM

Got the Grill and rings back from paint. I've been fortunate to find some unique rigs. Heading to Utah this weekend for a road trip to run my Dog in a NAVHDA Test but first off road trip will probably be the White Rim trail end of May. Working on a Willys Wagon Project now

Pete
Attached Images

Unread 04-19-2017, 07:49 PM

awesome score! I love my PW. I like the AEV wheels on the 3rd gen. Looks to be a cool rig and project.
Unread 04-19-2017, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPR4LFE View Post
Dang, that's nice, good find! I have been looking for a 3rd generation Power Wagon with a manual transmission for months now, which is really a rare combo, but not too often do low mileage 3rd gen Power Wagons come up in my search. I have located a manual wagon in CA and expect the owner to deliver it here to Billings in mid May. I have already purchased a topper nearly identical to the one you have (ARE with Windoors w/sliders), and plan on doing drawers similar as well. Definitely post pics when you get some trips under your belt!
I think I saw your post somewhere looking for one. Nice find I thought I found a nice manula until I got pics underneath Had to pass