Go Back   American Expedition Vehicles - Product Forums > All AEV Products > Ram, Prospector, Recruit Parts & Product Discussion

Unread 04-18-2017, 08:30 PM

Default Kudos to AEV

Just wanted to say well done to all the people that had something to do with the Prospector. Worked all week out of the truck, hauling trailer, tools in bed, lumber on roof rack. Took everything off truck and drove 11 hours to West Virginia at 75 MP. Got up the next day and went strait to the trail with a few jeeps from stock to barely street legal and a H-1. Shed some air pressure and off we went. Steep, rocky, mud covered trails. Other than being to big for a few spots I went everywhere with ease. Amazing is the best word I can think of. No creaks, groans, rubbing nothing. I was going places fist try that the H-1 had to hit 3 times. We ended up leaving his truck because the CTIS would not work and lost all pressure. I wanted to try out my new winch rope but never had a chance. After the trail aired up and car washed it. Drove back 2 days later. Loaded the tools back on the truck and back to work. The most versatile vehicle I have ever had. Thanks again for a great product.
Unread 04-24-2017, 02:13 PM
Administrator

Awesome, sounds like you're using it as intended

dh
2013 KTM 450XC-W
Unread 05-23-2017, 05:31 AM

I have to add to that myself. Just been on a 6000 mile round trip through the south west and can only agree...

The RAM drove perfect without rattles or issues 80 mph for hours, then wheeled in Moab, which worked way better than expected for such a big vehicle, back on the road and absolutely nothing bad, even after all the wheeling. Same afterwards in Colorado and back.

Truck is amazing offroad (as long as it fits through) and drives amazingly well onroad. Best of all, with the 37 inch tires, 3.73 gears and the manual transmission, the best tank was 18.4 mpg and the worst 15.4! That is way better than I ever thought possible!

Thanks AEV for making the RAM such an awesome platform with the Prospector package!
Now if you could only release the rear bumper with the tire carrier so I could get the spare out of the bed to gain much needed room!
Unread 05-23-2017, 04:30 PM

Swung in to my local Four wheel Parts store this morning to price new shoes for the Prospector, When i came out the entire staff from the store wanted a closer look. After 2 more hours and a trip up on the lift i was able to leave. I lost count of how many times I heard " AEV is expensive but worth every penny" They all wondered why the rear bumper was stock.