Go Back   American Expedition Vehicles - Product Forums > All AEV Products > JK Parts Discussion (2007+ Jeep Wrangler)

Old 03-21-2013, 08:34 PM

??
Old 06-12-2013, 10:30 PM

The only problem I can see is if the design is the same; it would be a royal pain getting the water out by using the super siphon. I would recommend a plug on the bottom and just have gravity do its job. Furthermore, how would you clean the tank ? After awhile it would be nasty. But, if using it for grey water then it would be fine. Also, what if you already have the gas container mounted, I'm sure it would be a pain to mount it.

I think the current gas container is brilliant on the back. Now that is an elegant solution [it actually saved me on my recent trip to overland expo]

I personally think a better solution would be to have a rotopax mount on the swing out tire carrier by the hi-lift mount.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneeman View Post
I think a water option would be good BUT PLEASE make it in black. I don't see a demand for that blue one.
I would buy a blue one just to have!!! I'll call you to see if you can do it, the accent color would look sweet on the Arctic!!

I would pressurize that biatch the same way I do my back bumper!! The water system in my Jeep has become a huge conversation point and everyone on the trail loves it. I keep her at 5 PSI and it flows with great pressure. I have cranked it up to 15psi and I can use a blow gun like a "super soaker" she shoots about 30 feet. Problem is at this pressure it starts to deform the tanks, they blow up like balloons ... no joke!! the other cool thing about having them pressurized it its a good way to empty the tanks.

video of it in action .... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSqvijxMC5Y

The external blue water tank would give me much more water, although running out has only been a problem for me once, after using it all day to clean fellow Jeepers hands and beach toys.
1990 Honda CRX Si bored / stroked / supercharged ITR

Last edited by jadkar; 06-13-2013 at 08:35 AM.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:09 PM

Dave, did you get the required number of potential purchasers yet to do a run of water caddy's?
Ward
Old 08-19-2013, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadkar View Post
I would buy a blue one just to have!!! I'll call you to see if you can do it, the accent color would look sweet on the Arctic!!

I would pressurize that biatch the same way I do my back bumper!! The water system in my Jeep has become a huge conversation point and everyone on the trail loves it. I keep her at 5 PSI and it flows with great pressure. I have cranked it up to 15psi and I can use a blow gun like a "super soaker" she shoots about 30 feet. Problem is at this pressure it starts to deform the tanks, they blow up like balloons ... no joke!! the other cool thing about having them pressurized it its a good way to empty the tanks.

video of it in action .... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSqvijxMC5Y

The external blue water tank would give me much more water, although running out has only been a problem for me once, after using it all day to clean fellow Jeepers hands and beach toys.
Stupid question, but could you add something like a PUR filter to the faucet to allow you to refill the tanks from any source (ie a river, a lake, etc)???
Old 08-19-2013, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC View Post
Stupid question, but could you add something like a PUR filter to the faucet to allow you to refill the tanks from any source (ie a river, a lake, etc)???
I don't see why not. However, I primarily use the faucet to wash my hands and cookware after lunch breaks and fixing someone's rig. I sometime will throw the water on my face to cool down as well. Also, someone did catch me washing my truck on the trail in NC.....I caught a lot of crap for that! For drinking I carry water bottles.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadkar View Post
Also, someone did catch me washing my truck on the trail in NC.....I caught a lot of crap for that!
You know, I thought about your water tanks on my last trip out. I was COVERED in mud, 35x12.5 on 15s stick out too far past the fenders...

Anyway, all the windows are covered in mud, and I didn't want to put the windows down because then the mud would be down in the "whiskers" and it would take forever to clean. So I didn't put them down and was able to wipe away some of the mud so I could see a little bit out the sides on the way to the car wash after wheeling. I'm lucky the cop next to me didn't pull me over for having no vision out my windows.

But little little little pieces of rock or something got in there anyway, and scratched the glass when the window did go down.

If I would have had your contraption, I could have hosed off the windows a little.

2012 4-Door Silver MW3 Traded in 6/14
2011 JK Detonator Yellow 4-Door - sold 4/12
2007 JK Silver 2-Door - sold 4/11
Old 08-19-2013, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
I thought the AEV fuel caddy was a "Fuel" only setup. Hence the name.

However, from this media shot for this Outback table, it seems this caddy is labeled as water? Seems the H2O is photoshoped on, but just wondering if someone had heard differently.

Anybody know if there is a build thread of this jeep or know what table/ grill they are using?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-19-2013, 11:25 PM

The table in this photo is of the Trailgater available from Adventure Trailers. I have one and love it. Not sure what the stove is.
Ward
Old 08-20-2013, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge Hawk View Post
You know, I thought about your water tanks on my last trip out. I was COVERED in mud, 35x12.5 on 15s stick out too far past the fenders...

Anyway, all the windows are covered in mud, and I didn't want to put the windows down because then the mud would be down in the "whiskers" and it would take forever to clean. So I didn't put them down and was able to wipe away some of the mud so I could see a little bit out the sides on the way to the car wash after wheeling. I'm lucky the cop next to me didn't pull me over for having no vision out my windows.

But little little little pieces of rock or something got in there anyway, and scratched the glass when the window did go down.

If I would have had your contraption, I could have hosed off the windows a little.
Exactly!! People laugh at me at first then one day on the trail and they laugh no more. The running / pressurized water comes in very handy. Lately I have been attaching my air hose and blow gun and using it to wash the mud from the top of the door so that I can reattach my half door uppers for the long ride home without scratching the paint. You would be amazed at how long the water in the tanks lasts me. With the rear H20 tank plumbed it I would have a great deal more water.

I'm afraid Dave and Company is not going to reply to this thread though. I'm sure he's way too busy.

I would definitely buy a blue one though. I just ditched my black spiderweb shade and picked up a blue one along with a blue factor 55 thimble for the winch