Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which manufacturers (if any) would you like to see AEV partner up with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which manufacturers (if any) would you like to see AEV partner up with?

If AEV were to expand to incorporate vehicles other than Jeeps, which ones should we consider? Why?
    Hummer H2
    2.63%
    Hummer H3
    5.26%
    Toyota FJ
    44.74%
    LandCruiser
    13.16%
    Land Rover LR3
    15.79%
    Other
    47.37%

First, I would hate to see that! But in just pure speculation if that was to happen, then I would see the Toyota FJ as the next good testbed for AEV. That platform seems to be kind of the equivalent to the Wrangler Unlimited.
    Mike

Wandering Willy's Jeep Club
    www.wanderingwillys.com

Wish List: 2012 Sahara Tan Unlimited w/3.6L Pentastar Engine, Expedition Package, 3.5" Nth Premium kit, 35" BFG KM2's, 5.13's

Currently: 06 Rubicon Unlimited, Red, 33" Goodyear MTR's, OME Lift, 1" Body Lift, ARB bumpers front and rear w/Swingaway Tire Carrier, Warn 9.5ti, IPF XS 900's, Hella fog lights, IPF headlamps, GenRight Rocker Guards, Gas Tank Skidplate and Corner Guards, ARB diff covers.

Comment

Build parts for the Commander!

Comment

I would hate to see this happen,providing Jeep only products is one reason AEV is so cool.
        "Don't wish for it,work for it."
        2014 Ram Power Wagon

Comment

If Jeep went out of business, you should keep making parts and accessories only for Jeeps. Maybe expand to the other Jeep models.
          http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5403
          JK'ed Photography

Sponsor of Wheelers for the Wounded

Comment

re:Jeep out of BIZ

Jeeps....DUH?

Or better Yet...just Buy them!

Jason
            Jason De Monto
            Trail Concepts
            480-788-7245
            2015 Jeep Rubicon
            Baja Yellow
            Dual Sport 106

Comment

I voted for the the FJ but here is my list of vehicles that I think would do well.

FJ
              Toyota Tacomas
              Landrover (especially if they ever bring back the Defenders)

Comment

I voted for Land Cruiser and Other.... but, like Beowulf, I'd really like to see you do something with the Toyota Tacomas.

Originally posted by Beowulf View Post
                I voted for the the FJ but here is my list of vehicles that I think would do well.

FJ
                Toyota Tacomas
                Landrover (especially if they ever bring back the Defenders)

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
                  If AEV were to expand to incorporate vehicles other than Jeeps, which ones should we consider? Why?
                  None. Jeep might switch owners but I doubt it will disappear any time soon. Jeep has probably the biggest automotive brand equity in the world... and the largest aftermarket support and one of the most recognizable names.
                  2007 Jeep Commander Limited, 1998 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 1955 Willys Jeep Pickup (Restoration Project), 2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited: Photos & Specifications

Comment

I hope you continue to make parts for Jeep but I do think the FJ would be the best fit if Jeep were not around any longer.

Comment

Nissan

Originally posted by admin View Post
                      Take a GOOD LOOK at the Nissan Xterra Off-Road 4x4...a very capable vehicle.

Comment

I think that the Toyota FJ (Fake Jeep) would be the most off-road capable next to the Jeep. I am not to crazy about the FJ but, with the awesome engine swaps you do with the Hemi in the Wrangler, how cool would a Toyota FJ be with the 5.7 out of a Tundra . Lift it and do the engine swap I would probably want one (only if there wasn’t a Jeep anymore). I like the old Land Rovers but it seems that the new ones are to focused on luxury instead of the off-road capabilities that they use to have, especially the Defender.
                        But first you need to figure out how to fit the Commander on a 35X12.50.
                        Last edited by dvldogjpr; 01-06-2008, 10:07 AM.
                        Wish List
                        Loaded JK Rubicon 4-door, Expeditionary Conversion Package, 6.4 liter Hemi Conversion

Comment

New poducts from AEV?

First things first ... How about a "Brute" based on the new longer wheelbase 4 door Wrangler. Either a "King Cab" configuration, with room behind the front seats, or better yet, a "crew cab" with a smaller but still reasonably sized pick-up bed. Next ... while I don't see the Jeep brand going away, how about expanding your product lines to include the Toyota Tacoma, and FJ. These are reasonably priced, super solid vehicles that would be even better with your upgrades.

Comment

I think a crew cab Brute would be nice but it would kind of be like a Dodge Power Wagon with more front tire clearance.
                            Last edited by dvldogjpr; 01-07-2008, 06:28 PM.
                            Wish List
                            Loaded JK Rubicon 4-door, Expeditionary Conversion Package, 6.4 liter Hemi Conversion

Comment

From a business point of view - I think the FJ is the in-thing at the moment for modified vehicles so you would have to be silly to ignore that - but the question is - is the FJ a fad waiting to fade away or will it stand the test of time?

The new 200 Series Land Cruiser would certainly be one to look at - I'd expect at least a 5 to 8 year run of that body style before they change it drastically again.

For this I'd definitely be looking at working with ARB - creating a product range that's accessible to ARB dealerships world wide. As part of the field testing phase of the new Land Cruiser - it was bought to Oman. The Middle East is a gold mine on the Cruiser.
                              2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport
                              AEV Highline Fender Conversion
                              AEV Brute Conversion Build Thread

www.oman4x4.com

Comment

Working...
                              X