Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which manufacturers (if any) would you like to see AEV partner up with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ffejer78
    replied
    Chevy…I am so sick of the lack of engineering (I speculate bureaucracy) from Ram. I love the hidden winch system and tons of Chevy guys ask me about my front bumper. I think producing a bumper for Chevy would be awesome. Unfortunately they will probably end up with something like Tesla (for the cyber truck).

Leave a comment:

• Red_Raider911
    replied
    I would like to see more parts for the WK and XK before AEV decides to move on to a different auto line. I realize it is speculation but there are those of us whom are still awaiting all the great toys that AEV has noted to have on there WK & XK that are still not available.

Leave a comment:

• somewhereinla
    replied
    I agree about the Nissan X-Terra. It has been around for a long time, still a very popular car. It would be the obvious choice.

Leave a comment:

• steve76t
    replied
    Toyota's new FJ cruiser appears to be a good one to consider. If you beleive thier marketing info, this one is built to be an off-road machine and a quite good one at that.

2nd choice would probably be the Nissan X-Terra.

Unfortuneatly, there really aren't any other good off road offerings made by the big 3 (Ford, Chevy, or Dodge). They just have SUV grocery getters and thats it.

Leave a comment:

• REL
    replied
    Jeep forever

I think that Jeep fails again, or whatever you want to call this hypothetical question, that the only thing, the best thing, would be for AEV to buy the complete rights to Jeep, and keep it the best best off road vehicle in the world. Nothing beats an AEV built Wrangler!!![/COLOR]

Leave a comment:

• REL
    replied
    I've been buying jeep since the mid seventies..Wide wheel Cherokee....J10 Honcho... J10 Golden Eagle...and others ....Still have the Eagle...Now if AEV were making parts for those trucks, I could understand the questions purpose...Those units rusted to the ground in a just a few years...Todays jeeps have all the modern production perks, Excellent paint jobs..inside and out and underbody too these trucks don't rust out over night...But then I only paid nine grand for the Golden Eagle...at least four times that for my 06 Commander, which stands a chance of standing the test of time....So with the entire Jeep line being so advanced compared to yesteryear, why is AEV looking to produce parts for another vehicle....Do you know something that none of us know about the current managements position that leads you into this question? Toyota wants to steal the US market....I want to keep buying American made Jeeps....Not American made Toyotas,Nissons or others. I'm to old to change, don't want to change, and yes I was born before WWII. My grandchildren are here now, and I want them to be able to buy American made Jeeps. Lets continue supporting the worlds best and most popular "jeep" !!... AEV..I want a winch bumpers for and other parts for my Commander that you don't seem to be interested in making. Why, when there are so many triing to buy from you, you are looking to support some other unspecified manufacture? You have the inside track with Jeep, why don't you fully exploit it with the products that you advertize making?

Leave a comment:

• dvldogjpr
    replied
    I am reading alot of people bringing up the Xterra. It is a capable offroad vehicle, but you never see those lifted. I believe Rancho makes a 2.5 inch lift for it to fit 33's. If AEV came up with there own lift for it to 33's or 35's and threw in the motor from a Titan. It would be nice on and off road, and it would have four full doors unlike the FJ.

Leave a comment:

• Laurie
    replied
    From a business point of view - I think the FJ is the in-thing at the moment for modified vehicles so you would have to be silly to ignore that - but the question is - is the FJ a fad waiting to fade away or will it stand the test of time?

The new 200 Series Land Cruiser would certainly be one to look at - I'd expect at least a 5 to 8 year run of that body style before they change it drastically again.

For this I'd definitely be looking at working with ARB - creating a product range that's accessible to ARB dealerships world wide. As part of the field testing phase of the new Land Cruiser - it was bought to Oman. The Middle East is a gold mine on the Cruiser.

Leave a comment:

• dvldogjpr
    replied
    I think a crew cab Brute would be nice but it would kind of be like a Dodge Power Wagon with more front tire clearance.
    Last edited by dvldogjpr; 01-07-2008, 06:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Smithdanef
    replied
    New poducts from AEV?

First things first ... How about a "Brute" based on the new longer wheelbase 4 door Wrangler. Either a "King Cab" configuration, with room behind the front seats, or better yet, a "crew cab" with a smaller but still reasonably sized pick-up bed. Next ... while I don't see the Jeep brand going away, how about expanding your product lines to include the Toyota Tacoma, and FJ. These are reasonably priced, super solid vehicles that would be even better with your upgrades.

Leave a comment:

• dvldogjpr
    replied
    I think that the Toyota FJ (Fake Jeep) would be the most off-road capable next to the Jeep. I am not to crazy about the FJ but, with the awesome engine swaps you do with the Hemi in the Wrangler, how cool would a Toyota FJ be with the 5.7 out of a Tundra . Lift it and do the engine swap I would probably want one (only if there wasn’t a Jeep anymore). I like the old Land Rovers but it seems that the new ones are to focused on luxury instead of the off-road capabilities that they use to have, especially the Defender.
    But first you need to figure out how to fit the Commander on a 35X12.50.
    Last edited by dvldogjpr; 01-06-2008, 10:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ibezu2
    replied
    Nissan

Originally posted by admin View Post
    If AEV were to expand to incorporate vehicles other than Jeeps, which ones should we consider? Why?
    Take a GOOD LOOK at the Nissan Xterra Off-Road 4x4...a very capable vehicle.

Leave a comment:

• Gpn4fun
    replied
    I hope you continue to make parts for Jeep but I do think the FJ would be the best fit if Jeep were not around any longer.

Leave a comment:

• rubicontrail.net
    replied
    Originally posted by admin View Post
    If AEV were to expand to incorporate vehicles other than Jeeps, which ones should we consider? Why?
    None. Jeep might switch owners but I doubt it will disappear any time soon. Jeep has probably the biggest automotive brand equity in the world... and the largest aftermarket support and one of the most recognizable names.

Leave a comment:

• kevingok
    replied
    I voted for Land Cruiser and Other.... but, like Beowulf, I'd really like to see you do something with the Toyota Tacomas.

Originally posted by Beowulf View Post
    I voted for the the FJ but here is my list of vehicles that I think would do well.

FJ
    Toyota Tacomas
    Landrover (especially if they ever bring back the Defenders)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X