ESP module for 2008 WK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESP module for 2008 WK

There was a report on another forum that Jeep changed the Steering Control Module connector on 2008 WKs, so the AEV ESP module can't be installed. Any info on this? Is it true and if so, any idea whan an ESP module will be available for 2008s?

The post said you can still correct the speedo, but not the ESP. If this is true - if I buy a current version to get the speedo fix, can I exchange it for a 2008 version (when available) to get the ESP fix?

TRZ may be talking about my 2008.

To AEV staff:

I have just sent an email to your tech support regarding my EGR Module install, unfortunately I could not attach pictures to that email. So I will post them here for the time being. Have a look at my steering column and the connectors pictured. None of which are the same as the AEV harness. Perhaps I'm missing something or completely blind. I would be happy if that was the case. Otherwise it looks to be changed for the 2008 model. I have a 2008 WK with the CRD and just got the 4" AEV Superlift installed.

The programming part of the installation went fine, although I did not get a honk confirmation of programming completed. I could tell that the programming worked because I now have mirror tilt function.

2008 Grand Cherokee Limited CRD

4" Superlift w/SSR's
    285 Toyo AT's
    AEV EGR Module
    AEV Argent Pintlers

My Cardomain

Comment

Guys,

Its true that they did in fact recently change the SCM (steering control module) to a SAS (steering angle sensor) for the 08's and we were not aware of this until today. We are figuring out what to do about this right now. The quick answer to the question seems to be a new harness, but the trouble with that is the connector is not made for one side, so that means that we will have to develop a harness that requires the owner connecting four wires to the vehicle instead of a simple plug in. As far as Ford 99s situation goes there are three options: 1) you can rework the harness we sent you to work with the 08 (or National could I'm sure) we'll get you a diagram and work with you or your mechanic. 2) You could keep the module and wait till we have a new harness (could be upwards of 16 weeks) or 3) You could return the module for a full refund.

For anyone else in this situation, we will develop the diagrams and post them here, but for now we are changing the website to state that the EGR is for 05-07s only. The good news is that the new system only uses four wires so the rework to get the 08s working should only involve four wires and again the only reason it will involve any wires is because the company that makes the connectors only makes one side, the other is molded into the SAS. The module works the same.

The entire AEV Team is truly sorry for this inconvenience.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by AEV Matt View Post
        Guys,

Its true that they did in fact recently change the SCM (steering control module) to a SAS (steering angle sensor) for the 08's and we were not aware of this until today. We are figuring out what to do about this right now. The quick answer to the question seems to be a new harness, but the trouble with that is the connector is not made for one side, so that means that we will have to develop a harness that requires the owner connecting four wires to the vehicle instead of a simple plug in. As far as Ford 99s situation goes there are three options: 1) you can rework the harness we sent you to work with the 08 (or National could I'm sure) we'll get you a diagram and work with you or your mechanic. 2) You could keep the module and wait till we have a new harness (could be upwards of 16 weeks) or 3) You could return the module for a full refund.

For anyone else in this situation, we will develop the diagrams and post them here, but for now we are changing the website to state that the EGR is for 05-07s only. The good news is that the new system only uses four wires so the rework to get the 08s working should only involve four wires and again the only reason it will involve any wires is because the company that makes the connectors only makes one side, the other is molded into the SAS. The module works the same.

Matt

Matt,

Any idea why this was changed for the '08s? Or just one of those things...?
        4" AEV/Superlift Suspension
        4xGuard Armor
        Bunch of other stuff

Comment

I'm sure it was changed because it was cheaper. It seems to be the same or very similar to what is in the JK.

Matt

Comment

Matt, I look forward to see the wiring diagram.

Thanks
            2008 Grand Cherokee Limited CRD

4" Superlift w/SSR's
            285 Toyo AT's
            AEV EGR Module
            AEV Argent Pintlers

My Cardomain

Comment

Guys,

We sent the new harness data off to the manufacturer today...now we wait and see. Hopefully it will be an easy connector for them to get and we'll have this resolved shortly.

dh
              2015 Ram 3500 Cab Chassis SRW
              2009 Brute DoubleCab 5.7VVT Supercharged, 37s
              2015 KTM 1190 Adventure R
              2013 KTM 450XC-W

Comment

Any updates on this for the 2008s?

Does the splice solution work, if I need to go that way?

Comment

Bump

Any news on the module for 2008s?

Comment

Originally posted by AEV Matt View Post
                    Guys,

Matt
                    What does this all mean if we are ordering the vehicle built from AEV? Will you guys take care of whatever modifications need to be made to the module?

Comment

Its not a problem to take care of here. The prototype harness for consumer use should be in Ford 99s hands now and we'll make a post as soon as we here from him.

dh
                      2013 KTM 450XC-W

Comment

Originally posted by AEV Dave View Post
                        Its not a problem to take care of here. The prototype harness for consumer use should be in Ford 99s hands now and we'll make a post as soon as we here from him.

dh
                        Thanks a lot for the response, Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by AEV Dave View Post

dh
                          dave - is this in response to my question about vehicles order from AEV? If so, thanks for the reply, but i am not understanding. Perhaps that is due to my lack of knowledge at this point. Either case I'm not ordering the vehicle for another couple of weeks anyway so i guess i will keep my eye on the post and see what happens.

thanks

Comment

Sorry to confuse, yes we can recal the 08s here at the shop no problem. The issue stemmed from the plug and play harness for the units we sell to general consumers when Jeep changed the connectors.

dh
                            2013 KTM 450XC-W

Comment

cool - thanks dave

Comment

Working...
                              X