What does EGR do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does EGR do?

Long story short, i'll be installing the superlift on my XK in the near future. I currently have the superchips flashpaq that corrects for tire size.

Reading the instructions for the EGR, i'm wondering if/why it would be required since i already have a programmer to correct WSS readings? Other than adjusting for tire size, does it actually change any other parameters related to ESP?

If so, how would I go about using both the EGR and the superchips? Set the EGR for stock tire size and then use the superchips tune to adjust tire size?

As far as tire size go, EGR and Superchips do the exact same thing. The EGR in addition, corrects the steering angle since the new knuckles have different geometry.

dh
    2015 Ram 3500 Cab Chassis SRW
    2009 Brute DoubleCab 5.7VVT Supercharged, 37s
    2015 KTM 1190 Adventure R
    2013 KTM 450XC-W

Comment

By "different geometry" are you referring to rate of change on the steering wheel rotation in relation to rate of change of steering angle? In other words, after the superlift the same degrees of turn of the steering wheel result in a different steering angle for the tires, so without the EGR the differential speed between left & right wheels won't match what the computer expects to see.

Comment

Exactly.

dh
        2015 Ram 3500 Cab Chassis SRW
        2009 Brute DoubleCab 5.7VVT Supercharged, 37s
        2015 KTM 1190 Adventure R
        2013 KTM 450XC-W

Comment

Cool, thanks for confirming that.

How would you recommend using the egr module and a programmer together? For those who use the programmer for more than just tire sizes should we:
          A) set tire size with egr and don't adjust tire size with programmer or
          B) set tire size with programmer and don't adjust tire size with egr

I'm not sure which methodology would work best..... or for instance what would happen if the tire size was adjusted with both, would it have a compounding effect?

Comment

It sure would have been nice to get the answer to your question. I'm waiting to talk to someone about this exact thing.

Comment

Originally posted by mprtrpr View Post
              It sure would have been nice to get the answer to your question. I'm waiting to talk to someone about this exact thing.
              If you call AEV Tech they should be able to help. The tech guys don't usually monitor the forum.
              Jon

2008 Rubicon Unlimited
              4.5" AEV lift, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, AEV front/rear bumpers, AEV Corners, Factory Ten Axle Shafts.

Comment

Working...
              X