Why no love for the WK/XK?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CA07WK View Post
    All of them now! Even the HD trucks are IFS now.... and possibly the Wranger in the next few years! A good way for AEV to make money is to offer a bolt in SAS kit for the WK/XK. I personally wouldn't SAS mine but I know alot of people that do.
    I agree 110%! IFS shouldn't be a problem whatsoever im my opinion. Sooooo many IFS trucks can be lifted VERY high without a problem by so many different aftermarket company's. As I said before, the ONLY TWO TRUE lift kits for a WK/XK are the Old Man Emu lifts, and Superlift. Literally. Thats it.

ACTUALLY im sorry...I forgot about 4xguards lifts. But who the hell wants to pay 3 grand for a 2" lift? Better yet 8 grand for an 8" lift! I LOVE their other products! Very high quality. But I mean come on...

If the future is truly IFS or even IFS and IRS, then WHY NOT GET STARTED NOW? if the wrangler goes IFS in 2015 as projected, then why not get the practice in now on a vehicle that is already set up that way and has been since 2005?

Comment

I think that many people will be quick to point out how many people are wanting to midify these vehicles, but with the IFS, and other unique items that are special to the WK2 the cost of development wouldn't make a good business case from an AEV standpoint.

With the IFS AEV would need to find some way to drop the front center section again, create new spring and shock rates to accomodate the vehicle, and I am sure rework the geometry and electronics.

AEV would then need to add in their research and development costs (which we all know tend to be fairly high since they aren't using customers as guinea pigs) and the business case is pretty hard to justify for the number of items they are selling. This is probably why AEV has discontinued the WK/XK specific wheels.
      Jon

2008 Rubicon Unlimited
      4.5" AEV lift, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, AEV front/rear bumpers, AEV Corners, Factory Ten Axle Shafts.

Comment

What other lift kits are needed for these jeeps? Tera flex makes a 2" spacer lift,Super lift 4 1/2 and ome. Not sure what else needs to be offered?

Jason
        Jason De Monto
        Trail Concepts
        480-788-7245
        2015 Jeep Rubicon
        Baja Yellow
        Dual Sport 106

Comment

Originally posted by Jdemonto View Post
          What other lift kits are needed for these jeeps? Tera flex makes a 2" spacer lift,Super lift 4 1/2 and ome. Not sure what else needs to be offered?

Jason
          Superlift only covers up to the 2007 model year. I am not sure what changed after this model year.
          Jon

2008 Rubicon Unlimited
          4.5" AEV lift, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, AEV front/rear bumpers, AEV Corners, Factory Ten Axle Shafts.

Comment

Originally posted by JeepinJon View Post
            Superlift only covers up to the 2007 model year. I am not sure what changed after this model year.
            Strange can't be much

Jason
            Jason De Monto
            Trail Concepts
            480-788-7245
            2015 Jeep Rubicon
            Baja Yellow
            Dual Sport 106

Comment

Originally posted by JeepinJon View Post
              The SL works with '05-'10.
              They have done the work already, they had an XK running 35's i think it was for the iceland challenge. The WK and XK are identical mechanically just a different body
              The WK/XK Pintlers were kind of pointless because the JK pintlers work perfectly fine, hell alot of us are running JK moabs anyways

Comment

The SL works with '05-'10.
                They have done the work already, they had an XK running 35's i think it was for the iceland challenge. The WK and XK are identical mechanically just a different body
                The WK/XK Pintlers were kind of pointless because the JK pintlers work perfectly fine, hell alot of us are running JK moabs anyways
                So what products are you needing for the WK? Aev specifically?

Jason
                Jason De Monto
                Trail Concepts
                480-788-7245
                2015 Jeep Rubicon
                Baja Yellow
                Dual Sport 106

Comment

Originally posted by Jdemonto View Post
                  So what products are you needing for the WK? Aev specifically?

Jason
                  obviously we would like more then a 4" lift, Ive heard rumors they are working on a pro cal to adjust for the new 4.10 gears, bumpers, fender flairs, anything they are willing to build.

Id also really like to know if the 3.8L supercharger kit works on the 3.7L, I know there are alot of similarities in the top end.

Comment

obviously we would like more then a 4" lift, Ive heard rumors they are working on a pro cal to adjust for the new 4.10 gears, bumpers, fender flairs, anything they are willing to build.

Id also really like to know if the 3.8L supercharger kit works on the 3.7L, I know there are alot of similarities in the top end.
                    AEV has already said many years ago that they couldn't make much business sense on this model, so while I agree it would be cool to see AEV support this vehicle, I can already tell you that you aren't going to see anything.

AEV has already discontinued the TJ/LJ products because they no longer are able to sell the quantities needed to make business sense, and this is a much larger crowd than the WK/XK crowd.
                    Jon

2008 Rubicon Unlimited

Comment

So why not just look into doing a SAS? It has been done and mastered by people in their own back yard. Literally. It would be nice to get a major supplier to get it mastered and have it out in the market.

And once again, what about the rumors of the IFS Wrangler in 2015? If it happens, we all know AEV will make lifts for the IFS and I Guarentee there will be a SAS for it.
                      Last edited by Greenslate15; 01-10-2014, 01:55 AM.

Comment

I thought the new Wrangler was push to 2017 or 18 ???
                        1986 CJ7 TDI
                        2008 JK AEV Rubicon - 5.7L
                        2012 JKU Rubicon

Comment

Originally posted by MarkLC View Post
                          I thought the new Wrangler was push to 2017 or 18 ???
                          Jeep did make that anouncement.
                          Jon

2008 Rubicon Unlimited

Comment

Regardless if its been pushed back or not, its going to hhappen. The new wrangler is going to have the same setup as the WK. So if AEV is (and they will) going to make specialized lifts, and even a SAS, then why not do ot for the WK/XK?

Comment

Originally posted by Greenslate15 View Post
                              The new wrangler is going to have the same setup as the WK. So if AEV is (and they will) going to make specialized lifts, and even a SAS, then why not do ot for the WK/XK?
                              I'm not sure why they wouldn't, and I think it would be cool if they would.

But I'm not sure that logic will guarantee results. Don't the TJ/JK Wranglers use "the same setup" (i.e. solid axles) as the WJ? Even with "the same setup", AEV hasn't moved on the WJs.

My guess is that there are a lot of other dynamics required to get a lift that handles well. IMO, that seems to be AEV's niche. Anyone can lift a vehicle. Very few can lift a vehicle and still have it retain stock-like handling.

But yeah, it would be cool.
                              '10 JKU Rubicon/auto/5.13s - AEV 4.5 + 37 KM2s (on Pintlers), AEV Front Bumper/Skid/Warn 9.5ti, AEV Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier, AEV Diff Skid, PS Evap Skid, Rock Hard Oil/Tran/Cat Skid

Comment

Originally posted by Greenslate15 View Post
                                Regardless if its been pushed back or not, its going to hhappen. The new wrangler is going to have the same setup as the WK. So if AEV is (and they will) going to make specialized lifts, and even a SAS, then why not do ot for the WK/XK?
                                Just because some of the rumor mills and blog sites say something is going to happen I wouldn't take it for a fact. One of the companies I work for has a lot of rumors and speculation around future products and features that may or may not be coming out, and I would say maybe 5% of the rumors are true.

Unless you hear it directly from Jeep I would take anything worth a grain of salt.
                                Jon

2008 Rubicon Unlimited

Comment

Working...
                                X