Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CA07WK
    • Dec 2013

Why no love for the WK/XK?

No manufactures are making parts for this platform, we cant even get Bushwacker to make fender flares. AEV has worked with Superift to make the 4" lift and you guys made that beast of an XK for the Iceland trip. Way do you guys not sell these products? It just seems that the WK/XK is the forgotten Jeep platform, RRO has a ton of stuff out for the WK2, and Bushwacker made fender flares for it.
  • JeepinJon
    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by CA07WK
    No manufactures are making parts for this platform, we cant even get Bushwacker to make fender flares. AEV has worked with Superift to make the 4" lift and you guys made that beast of an XK for the Iceland trip. Way do you guys not sell these products? It just seems that the WK/XK is the forgotten Jeep platform, RRO has a ton of stuff out for the WK2, and Bushwacker made fender flares for it.
    Just because RRO makes parts for these vehicles doesn't mean they are good parts. They were big on the KJ Liberties when they first came out, but as people actually wheeled their vehicles the RRO parts started falling apart, and many people had undrivable vehicles.

I wouldn't touch any component from them unless I wanted to have the parts just to acheive a look on a vehicle that wasn't driven often, and never driven off-road.
    Jon

2008 Rubicon Unlimited
    4.5" AEV lift, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, AEV front/rear bumpers, AEV Corners, Factory Ten Axle Shafts.

Comment

• CA07WK
      • Dec 2013

I wasnt saying they were good or worth spending money on, just saying companies have skipped the WK platform and moved on to the new GC. I have RRO UCAs and rear track bar, off road my WK plenty and they have held up just fine. However when it comes to the WK, you have to get parts from companies that are willing to make them. I'm hoping AEV will do what few have done and help out the WK platform a little give us some great quality parts.

Comment

• Gotlime?
        • Aug 2011

All these companies are in business to make money.

Where are the numbers?

Wranglers.

Numbers sold.
        Number modified.

What percentage of XKs and WKs do you think actually get wheeled?

Follow the dollars.
        08 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon: lift, wheels/tires, bumpers, skids, sliders, winch, lights, cb. All the normal stuff, plus some.......
        Build thread: Here
        Lake Norman Crawlers

Comment

• CA07WK
          • Dec 2013

A crap ton! This platform came out 8 years ago, stopped production 3 years ago, the prices are dropping and more younger people are buying them. I own a start up Jeep E-Store and I have seen a large increase in WK/XK lift sales in the last year. Crawl-Offroad.com

Comment

• Jdemonto
            • Nov 2007

The WK was the worse selling Grand Cherokee ever built. The WJ sold over 300,000 units a year and WK was 1/2. Yes the JK Wrangler sells 120K units a year, well that's double from the best year ever in 2006. Obliviously Wranglers have a larger aftermarket following

Jason
            Jason De Monto
            Trail Concepts
            480-788-7245
            2015 Jeep Rubicon
            Baja Yellow
            Dual Sport 106

Comment

• CA07WK
              • Dec 2013

The 2005 WK sold 213,00 quite a bit more then half. The WK2 only sold 127,000 in 2011 and they have a larger aftermarket support then the WK.
              In 1999 only 89,000 Wrangler were sold and 2005 79,000. Wasn't until the JK debuted in 2007 that they hit over 100,000 per year, and not until 2011 they hit 120,00. 682,310 WKs have been sold, only 644,341 JKs have been sold. You cant use the numbers excuse.

Comment

• Theogriff15
                • Jan 2014

As a WK owner myself and an avid Jeep owner, I can honestly say that the WK (for the past two years) has seen an absolute boom in aftermarket usage. From the get go there were some people who wheel'd their Wks but at this point there are over 500 people just in Facebook groups that I know of that wheel theirs. Obviously this is nothing compared to the JK platform but IMO this number is bigger offline and will grow exponentially in the coming months and years. Nitro Gear has already taken the first step in creating a set of 4.10 gears for our front diff and this IMO will spur a rapid increase in demand for aftermarket products including lift kits, rockers, skids, BUMPERS, etc...

Comment

• Knappster
                  • Jan 2014

As the ownder of a small busines that was started to make parts for the Jeep Commander (XK) and the Grand Cherokee (WK) I have seen a great increase in the demand for aftermarket parts and expect to see many more owners taking the steps to turn these vehicles into great off-road vehicles. www.TheSteelArmadillo.com

Comment

• Greenslate15
                    • Jan 2014

I own a 2010 WK 3.7 and offroad it just as much as i drive it. I know of HUNDREDS of WK and XK owners that wheel their jeeps with more being discovered everyday. Thats not even close to a lie either.

As of now, the MAIN companies producing aftermarket stuff for WKs/XKs are
                    SuperLift
                    Old Man Emu
                    RRO
                    Rough Country (budget boosts)
                    4xGuard (JBA)
                    The Steel Armadillo
                    Rustys Offroad

I might be missing a few, but that about sums it up.

What gets REALLY OLD is seeing that the market is barely growing. After Everyone who modifies their WK/XK is (semi)done, 95% of them look EXACTLY the same because we have such a limited market.

contact Old Man Emu personally and ask how many OME HD/MD lift kits they have sold since the beginning of their production. i dont even wana begin to count how many budget boosts have been sold...

Heres a couple of us WK owners personally:

For heavens sake, we NEED more aftermarket companies.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Greenslate15
                      • Jan 2014

Also, i dont want any of the IFS bullcrap....

how many other SUVs and Trucks are IFS??

Comment

• CA07WK
                        • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Greenslate15
                        how many other SUVs and Trucks are IFS??
                        All of them now! Even the HD trucks are IFS now.... and possibly the Wranger in the next few years! A good way for AEV to make money is to offer a bolt in SAS kit for the WK/XK. I personally wouldn't SAS mine but I know alot of people that do.

Comment

• Greenslate15
                          • Jan 2014

here is the WK XK group I am in on Facebook. Hundreds of members. Check it out. It is a closed group though, so you need to be approved by an admin

Comment

• Jdemonto
                            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by CA07WK
                            The 2005 WK sold 213,00 quite a bit more then half. The WK2 only sold 127,000 in 2011 and they have a larger aftermarket support then the WK.
                            In 1999 only 89,000 Wrangler were sold and 2005 79,000. Wasn't until the JK debuted in 2007 that they hit over 100,000 per year, and not until 2011 they hit 120,00. 682,310 WKs have been sold, only 644,341 JKs have been sold. You cant use the numbers excuse.
                            What are you counting Fleet sales? Chrysler was famous for that during the Diamler era

Jason
                            Jason De Monto
                            Trail Concepts
                            480-788-7245
                            2015 Jeep Rubicon
                            Baja Yellow
                            Dual Sport 106

Comment

• Greenslate15
                              • Jan 2014

•○•○
                              Last edited by Greenslate15; 01-03-2014, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Working...