Why no love for the WK/XK?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CA07WK
    started a topic Why no love for the WK/XK?

Why no love for the WK/XK?

No manufactures are making parts for this platform, we cant even get Bushwacker to make fender flares. AEV has worked with Superift to make the 4" lift and you guys made that beast of an XK for the Iceland trip. Way do you guys not sell these products? It just seems that the WK/XK is the forgotten Jeep platform, RRO has a ton of stuff out for the WK2, and Bushwacker made fender flares for it.

• stratoblaster
    replied
    Anyone know if WK Pintlers would work with 255/70r17 on basically stock suspension WK? Any chance of rears hitting the fenders under full articulation? I'm on the fence whether to lift it further but want to ensure no trouble (or fender mods) if I don't.

I'd love to get a set of 5 WK Pintlers, but found some decent looking matte black VTEC wheels on Summit Racing with the exact same width/offset/backspace.

Leave a comment:

• CA07WK
    replied
    I will always like and want the AEV wheels, great looking WK!

Leave a comment:

• scootr29
    replied
    I plan on keeping my 2008 WK CRD for a long time....with or without AEV

Leave a comment:

• JeepinJon
    replied
    Originally posted by Greenslate15 View Post
    Regardless if its been pushed back or not, its going to hhappen. The new wrangler is going to have the same setup as the WK. So if AEV is (and they will) going to make specialized lifts, and even a SAS, then why not do ot for the WK/XK?
    Just because some of the rumor mills and blog sites say something is going to happen I wouldn't take it for a fact. One of the companies I work for has a lot of rumors and speculation around future products and features that may or may not be coming out, and I would say maybe 5% of the rumors are true.

Unless you hear it directly from Jeep I would take anything worth a grain of salt.

Leave a comment:

• aristobrat
    replied
    Originally posted by Greenslate15 View Post
    The new wrangler is going to have the same setup as the WK. So if AEV is (and they will) going to make specialized lifts, and even a SAS, then why not do ot for the WK/XK?
    I'm not sure why they wouldn't, and I think it would be cool if they would.

But I'm not sure that logic will guarantee results. Don't the TJ/JK Wranglers use "the same setup" (i.e. solid axles) as the WJ? Even with "the same setup", AEV hasn't moved on the WJs.

My guess is that there are a lot of other dynamics required to get a lift that handles well. IMO, that seems to be AEV's niche. Anyone can lift a vehicle. Very few can lift a vehicle and still have it retain stock-like handling.

But yeah, it would be cool.

Leave a comment:

• Greenslate15
    replied
    Regardless if its been pushed back or not, its going to hhappen. The new wrangler is going to have the same setup as the WK. So if AEV is (and they will) going to make specialized lifts, and even a SAS, then why not do ot for the WK/XK?

Leave a comment:

• JeepinJon
    replied
    Originally posted by MarkLC View Post
    I thought the new Wrangler was push to 2017 or 18 ???
    Jeep did make that anouncement.

Leave a comment:

• MarkLC
    replied
    I thought the new Wrangler was push to 2017 or 18 ???

Leave a comment:

• Greenslate15
    replied
    So why not just look into doing a SAS? It has been done and mastered by people in their own back yard. Literally. It would be nice to get a major supplier to get it mastered and have it out in the market.

And once again, what about the rumors of the IFS Wrangler in 2015? If it happens, we all know AEV will make lifts for the IFS and I Guarentee there will be a SAS for it.
    Last edited by Greenslate15; 01-10-2014, 02:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• JeepinJon
    replied
    Originally posted by CA07WK View Post
    obviously we would like more then a 4" lift, Ive heard rumors they are working on a pro cal to adjust for the new 4.10 gears, bumpers, fender flairs, anything they are willing to build.

Id also really like to know if the 3.8L supercharger kit works on the 3.7L, I know there are alot of similarities in the top end.
    AEV has already said many years ago that they couldn't make much business sense on this model, so while I agree it would be cool to see AEV support this vehicle, I can already tell you that you aren't going to see anything.

AEV has already discontinued the TJ/LJ products because they no longer are able to sell the quantities needed to make business sense, and this is a much larger crowd than the WK/XK crowd.

Leave a comment:

• CA07WK
    replied
    Originally posted by Jdemonto View Post
    So what products are you needing for the WK? Aev specifically?

Jason
    obviously we would like more then a 4" lift, Ive heard rumors they are working on a pro cal to adjust for the new 4.10 gears, bumpers, fender flairs, anything they are willing to build.

Id also really like to know if the 3.8L supercharger kit works on the 3.7L, I know there are alot of similarities in the top end.

Leave a comment:

• Jdemonto
    replied
    Originally posted by CA07WK View Post
    The SL works with '05-'10.
    They have done the work already, they had an XK running 35's i think it was for the iceland challenge. The WK and XK are identical mechanically just a different body
    The WK/XK Pintlers were kind of pointless because the JK pintlers work perfectly fine, hell alot of us are running JK moabs anyways
    So what products are you needing for the WK? Aev specifically?

Jason

Leave a comment:

• CA07WK
    replied
    Originally posted by JeepinJon View Post
    Superlift only covers up to the 2007 model year. I am not sure what changed after this model year.
    The SL works with '05-'10.
    They have done the work already, they had an XK running 35's i think it was for the iceland challenge. The WK and XK are identical mechanically just a different body
    The WK/XK Pintlers were kind of pointless because the JK pintlers work perfectly fine, hell alot of us are running JK moabs anyways

Leave a comment:

• Jdemonto
    replied
    Originally posted by JeepinJon View Post
    Superlift only covers up to the 2007 model year. I am not sure what changed after this model year.
    Strange can't be much

Jason

Leave a comment:

Working...
X