Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brute DC with Pentastar

Hope everyone is well.

I know the Brute deserves a Hemi (and probably no less than the 6.4L) but has anyone seen or can anyone offer a review of a Brute built with 'only' the 3.6L Pentastar engine?

I'm a lifelong Wrangler owner yet I still can't stop daydreaming about owning a Brute. My wife is soon to graduate med school and personally I think this would be the perfect way to reward...ME! I can't believe I made it this far!

With that being said I'll probably be 60 by the time I can afford the extra $35k to equip one with a Hemi so...

Is the Brute with Pentastar a complete dog or what? Sluggish and unimpressive?

A little first hand experience might push me in one direction or another.

Thanks in advance.

XRussoX

I've drive all three. 3.6L, 5.7L and the 6.4L DC Brute's and honestly even just the 3.6L is fine. It's not a torque machine or rocket ship but neither is the JKU with the 3.6L. I think you'd be fine with the 3.6L in a DC Brute and this is coming from me a long time HEMI owner/builder/driver... Hope that helps.

Ben
    Ben Hedrick
    www.BenHedrick.com
    HEDRICK Speedsports

"Ive got a Jeep problem"
    2007 5.7L HEMI Sahara Unlimited - Sold
    2010 6.1L HEMI Rubicon Unlimited - Sold
    2011 6.4L (392) HEMI Rubicon Unlimited - Sold
    2002 4.0L AEV Brute - Sold
    2003 6.4L "Stroker" HEMI AEV Brute - Sold
    2005 4.0L SC AEV K9 Brute - Sold
    2014 345 HEMI Rubicon Xpo Adventurer
    2000 4.0L AEV 112 Long Wheelbase
    2006 4.0L AEV Brute Rubicon

Comment

the Brute conversion does not add much weight, or any possibly, so the 3.6L is fine though a 6.4L is nice too. You can always add it later.
      Last edited by lucky73; 04-15-2017, 08:48 PM.

Comment

I bought my BDC with 35" tires and the 3.6. It was fine when I just had the 35s. Went to 37" , 4.88 gears and added a Ripp supercharger. Definitely made things better for off road. Everything is good until I tow my off road trailer or drive somewhere with a lot of altitude changes. Now I'm on 40s and preparing for a 6.4 swap. Have everything except the kit ready to go. So, in conclusion, it depends on your intent. Staying on 35" tires, the 3.6 will do just fine in most scenarios. Adding a trailer or more tire/weight? You will want some more power. IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks gang. I was kind of afraid you all would say that!

I think I know what I need to do...!

XRussoX

Comment

Originally posted by bnordsman View Post
            now i'm on 40s and preparing for a 6.4 swap.
            woohooo

Comment

Working...
            X