Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5.7L verse 6.4L Hemi Upgrade

Hey Guys,
    I have a BDC and researching motor/axle upgrade. Question I have is which motor and why?

I've driven a 6.4L Wrangler not BDC and it's amazing. That being said I have heard from several folks that 5.7L is great as well. Some suggest that the 5.7L is better for wheeling.

Thought I would put the question out there to hear real world advice. Thanks.

Best,
    Johann

Sorry, I don't have any personal experience. However, I have read a few times that the 5.7 is better for real world use.
    "Dont wish for it,work for it."
    2014 Anvil Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited-Procal-Heat Reduction hood and Snorkel with prefilter-black Pintlers-Superlift 2.5 with AEV Geo brackets-buffalo key chain

Comment

Originally posted by Johannc14 View Post
      Hey Guys,
      I have a BDC and researching motor/axle upgrade. Question I have is which motor and why?

I've driven a 6.4L Wrangler not BDC and it's amazing. That being said I have heard from several folks that 5.7L is great as well. Some suggest that the 5.7L is better for wheeling.

Thought I would put the question out there to hear real world advice. Thanks.

Best,
      Johann
      I have the 6.4L and like it a lot. It's docile and idles at 600 RPM. When you want power you have plenty to spare. I never drove a 5.7L to compare but I like a lot of power in my vehicles. Source all the outlets that you can and you can get a 6.4L for slightly more than a 5.7L. There are other options available such as the G.M. LS series of engines. They range from 5.3 - 6.2l. You can get an all Aluminum block which is lighter in weight I feel these are better swaps as they are more compact & easier to cool. These swaps are pretty refined and emissions complaint when done correctly. Being in California & here in Colorado that is really important. Either way you will love a V8 in your JK.
      2012 JK 2 Door 2.5" AEV lift/ Fuel Hostage17 x 9 wheels, with Nitto 295x70 x 17 Tires. Warn Vr8000, Elite Bumper, LOD rear bumper, Teraflex tire carrier. Wife's Jeep!

My Jeep. 2014 JKU, 6.4L Hemi AEV kit, 2.5" AEV lift, 35" Duratrac's. Gen Right aluminum bumpers, Warn VR 8000 winch. Pro Rock 44.

Comment

I put a 6.4L in my JK about two years ago and absolutely love it. A good friend has a 5.7L in his and he loves his as well. I have driven both and I don't think there is a bad decision to be made here. We have gone out together and I can't say one is better than the other on the trail, but I am sure there are situations where either one can reign supreme. I chose to go with the 6.4L as the cost difference was not that much based on a deal on got on a crate engine. If you enjoy power though, the difference between the 6.4 and the 5.7 is definitely noticeable.

Comment

Thanks Guys, I am leaning toward the 6.4L but was checking to hear others.

Comment

Working...
          X