Brute TrayBed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AEV Dave View Post
    The traybed nearly doubles the useable space and is half the weight. It may also offer a considerable savings.
    I hate to be the politically incorrect dissenting vote here ... but ...

what you might gain in function, you lose ten times over in form.

That product is aesthetically challenged in my humble opinion.

Carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by Kowboy View Post

Carry on.
      Actually he is trying to accurately judge interest, so it's better to be a critic than a fan boy who later doesn't buy the product.
      That being said, I should have been clearer, as my post was unclear, it NEEDS to be anodized to a suitable color, I would not buy it in brite aluminum.
      Crew Chief Ultra 4 4500 Class
      4540 Motorsports

Comment

Nah! The aluminum gives it the true Aussie look!!!! What I'm going to be using it for (work/play) I like the aluminum finish. Something that could be scratched would look like crap over time. It'll see harsh weather up here in Ak...

Comment

Just paint the cab and fenders silver

I'm a bit concerned about the MgCl they use on the roads, so lets just say we're looking into it.

Traybed look is not for everyone, its very un-USA and very international. Would be a good way to blend in in many countries.

dh
          2015 Ram 3500 Cab Chassis SRW
          2009 Brute DoubleCab 5.7VVT Supercharged, 37s
          2015 KTM 1190 Adventure R
          2013 KTM 450XC-W

Comment

Originally posted by xtrmtj View Post
            Nah! The aluminum gives it the true Aussie look!!!! What I'm going to be using it for (work/play) I like the aluminum finish. Something that could be scratched would look like crap over time. It'll see harsh weather up here in Ak...
            Well, I'm not an Aussie (but my lockers are!)
            An Anodized finish can be scratched, but it's much hardier than paint or powder as it's impregnated into the the aluminum...and I hate brite shiny Jeeps. In the SoCal Sun you might start a forest fire or blind the driver next to you...
            4540 Motorsports

Comment

Originally posted by MoparNorm View Post
              Well, I'm not an Aussie (but my lockers are!)
              An Anodized finish can be scratched, but it's much hardier than paint or powder as it's impregnated into the the aluminum...and I hate brite shiny Jeeps. In the SoCal Sun you might start a forest fire or blind the driver next to you...
              Niether am I!! Haha. It's dark 7 months outta the year here haha, gotta see something bright ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by xtrmtj View Post
                Niether am I!! Haha. It's dark 7 months outta the year here haha, gotta see something bright ;-)
                Ha! Ha! I love it up there in the Summer, but I get pretty tired when the Sun is up for 21 hours...
                4540 Motorsports

Comment

Originally posted by Kowboy View Post

Carry on.
                  I agree completely that the Brute bed looks better than a tray. That said, I think the tray does look unique and the added function would make it well worthwhile, IMHO. This is definitely one of those "to each their own" kind of things, obviously. But options are good!

You put a 37" tire in the normal Brute bed to go wheeling and you have VERY little space left for other stuff, for one. For another, being able to drop the sides or the gate is very useful. Then there's just the added footprint. I love the idea. If I were building a Brute, I'd go this route even if I had to fab the bed myself. I'm going to keep my Brute bed, but when this is available, I'm buying one and swapping over. I'll keep the Brute bed for that inevitable day when I move on to the next great thing (like a JK Brute...it'll happen!).

And for those that care what other people think, there's the other angle on this...I've had a TON of people think my Brute was just some cool way you could order a Jeep from the factory. Get that all the time (have even just overheard people talking in parking lots as I am walking back to it saying basically that!). That is to say it looks "too" factory for those that want people to KNOW it's custom. I don't think you'll have that trouble if you put a tray on there.

It only bugs me that people think the V8 is factory. Don't we wish!

--Donnie

Comment

Any updates Dave?

Comment

I assume this morphed into the Prospector Traybed, but does anyone know what happened to this one? Was it ever offered for sale?

Comment

Look up uteltd.com

Comment

Working...
                        X