04 TJ Rubicon Brute Build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 04 TJ Rubicon Brute Build

So the build is almost done!! First day out of the shop after 15 months or so. More to come as the kinks get worked out and the rest of the custom parts get installed. Always have been partial to the #001 Brute. My take on it. A little teaser as well in photo two.

TJ

Nice work.
    I can't wait to see more photos.

Ward
    2015 Dodge Ram 5500 "Intercontinental Cruiser" RV
    2007 Jeep JK w/ AT Habitat and lots of AEV goodies.
    2005 Jeep LJ Rubicon
    2014 Jeep JK

Comment

More please, would like to see your details

Comment

Looking great! Keep us in the loop.
        1995 Jeep Wrangler - RIP November 29, 2008 - Jeep will be missed!!!
        2004 Jeep TJ Rubicon / AEV / Brute candidate
        2006 Jeep LJ Rubicon / AEV
        2006 Chevy Silverado LBZ 2500 HD 4X4 LT3 CC www.dieselairhorns.com/sounds/AirchimeK5LA.mp3

Comment

great work! looks awesome

Comment

So I have just finished up the cosmetic portion of the build with a bedliner installed in the central valley, the Brute on its first 200 mile drive. From the coast to Visalia up the 99 to Clovis and back to the coast. Not a smooth trip!!

Having big issues with the venting of the 24.5 gal. Genright tank and emissions. Truck pitched out codes twice, can't get it to vent at the gas station, taking minutes to put in a gallon or two. Leaked fuel the whole way home like extreme pressure in the tank. New Mopar Cap. New Genright tank. As far as pinched vent lines I cannot find any. Pitched a P1495 code, leak detection pump ckt. The truck is running well though.

Do any owners of Brutes have first hand DIY experience with the Genright install and the emissions relocate on a 2003/2006 TJ?? Genright has been notified but the Pomona Offraod show may have hastened their response.

Especially the routing of the filler neck vent tube with the Genright tank and any emissions knowledge where the Charcoal canister and the fuel management valve are concerned (especially the FMV orientation, vertical versus horizontal as I had it when I relocated the emissions)??

The pickup bed is back off and the truck is in my shop awaiting some research and advice. Any help greatly appreciated!!

Also, I have the Factory manuals in hand and have checked all the basics as the truck just passed smog certs two weeks ago.

Sorry for no new pics as getting the quirks out of the build have taken longer than expected. Outside of this issue everything is moving forward and the rear bumper swing-away is already getting worked on.

Thanks,

TJ

Comment

So I have finally gotten all the the kinks out of the truck and have put about 2k on the clock. Worked out the gas leaking issues, installed new rear main seal, and the truck is running great! Currently fabbing up rear bumper/spare tire carrier and my rendition of a set of sliders for the cab and bed sides. Had a chance to run out to Carrizo Plains and snap some pics of the rig during the last rain.

Comment

Wow, looks great
                now the fun starts!!
                Ward
                2015 Dodge Ram 5500 "Intercontinental Cruiser" RV
                2007 Jeep JK w/ AT Habitat and lots of AEV goodies.
                2005 Jeep LJ Rubicon
                2014 Jeep JK

Comment

Outstanding! What was fix for the gas leak? Looking forward to seeing the rear bumper and cab guards. The custom bed tie downs turned out great! Looks like the original.
                  1995 Jeep Wrangler - RIP November 29, 2008 - Jeep will be missed!!!
                  2004 Jeep TJ Rubicon / AEV / Brute candidate
                  2006 Jeep LJ Rubicon / AEV
                  2006 Chevy Silverado LBZ 2500 HD 4X4 LT3 CC www.dieselairhorns.com/sounds/AirchimeK5LA.mp3

Comment

So I had issues with the new Genright 24.5 gal. tank. It wouldn't take full throttle at the pump, (half at best). And when it would top off it would leak at the filler neck tie in. So I purchased a new Mopar filler neck, and entire new fuel assembly (Mopar), and plumbed the entire tank and the emissions canister with new hoses, clamps where needed, and cleaned the filter at the canister which was super dirty. With that my struggles were solved. Its nice to carry those extra five gallons in that tank!!

As far as the bed tie downs, I sourced a local CNC guy and gave him a prototype I built out of HDPE, (white cutting board) and modeled the four holes that are drilled in each tie down to mimic the Fourtreks tube clamps which have been on the market for years. So now I can bolt any of those products to the tie downs, as I did with the Quick fist clamps and the Jack. All that Fourtreks stuff is nicely designed and built, and super consistent.

It was as close as I could get to the original tie downs that I could get a picture of.. the engraving and font style were picked by my machinist, (probably to soften the blow of $$ bill!!). They are simply bolted on from the back with grade 8 hardware and large matching washers. I've since had the bed lined or course. I've experienced no deflection in the bed side with the weight of the jack. The tie downs have far surpassed my expectations.

TJ

Comment

Working...
                    X