TJ Brute - "The Unicorn" - buildout

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MuleShoer View Post
    Rear suspension had a couple extra surprises, because I was keeping axle width to a bare minimum we found that when we cycled the axle it left a fraction for tire clearance, also the original plan was to use a full width currie sway bar which also showed clearance issues. the first issue was resolved by adding king air bumps to limit compression. Chris then repackaged a few items and went with a narrower sway bar and moved it inside the frame rails...We also added plating and the coiler mount is also a cross member. this should be much stiffer and more predictable at speed with flex and twist reduced
    How fast things get behind!! I thought that frame was off to PC a couple Monday's ago, LOL.
    I am sure it will be awesome when you hit the trails!!

Ward
    2015 Dodge Ram 5500 "Intercontinental Cruiser" RV
    2007 Jeep JK w/ AT Habitat and lots of AEV goodies.
    2005 Jeep LJ Rubicon
    2014 Jeep JK

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post

How fast things get behind!! I thought that frame was off to PC a couple Monday's ago, LOL.
      I am sure it will be awesome when you hit the trails!!

Ward
      It took a while to find the bump stops, it seemed the only place chris could find them in stock was on the left coast. Frame should be back from powdercoat monday!!!! Lots to get done after that

Comment

What Gear ratio are you going with? I forget manual or auto?

Comment

Originally posted by PeteEinMT View Post
          What Gear ratio are you going with? I forget manual or auto?
          3:89 ratio, one of the nice things about 9' differential is a huge range of ratio's, with the sweet spot of the diesel about 2000rpm I should be on the money at crusie
          It is a 6 spd manual box

Comment

Love the build! Really nice work!
            2015 RAM 3500 CC Laramie, Cummins, G56, 3.73, ARB (front), 37" BFG KO2, AEV bumper, Dual Sport Suspension, Air Intake w/ pre filter, Salta HD wheels, D2S 4.0 Bi-Xenon retrofit...

Comment

Ok so the frame is finished and should be back from powder coat this week
              Attached is the dash that will be going in, I "borrowed" the gauges from my wifes FJ40
              Chris modified a Solid hystear to use as the kingpin closeout

pete

Comment

Ok time to update. The 1st powder coat was less then acceptable so it was taken to another company who stripped it and reapplied the coating. Now for the final assembly of the truck

Comment

The frame and welds look beautiful!!
                  1995 Jeep Wrangler - RIP November 29, 2008 - Jeep will be missed!!!
                  2004 Jeep Rubicon / BFG TA 285/75/16 / Rubicon Old Man EMU 2.5HD" / AEV Standard Heat Reduction Hood / Brute candidate
                  2006 Chevy Silverado LBZ 2500 HD 4X4 LT3 CC / K5LA / ARE Tonnaeu cover / Michelin A/T-2 265/75/R16E www.dieselairhorns.com/sounds/AirchimeK5LA.mp3

Comment

Almost to nice to get dirty.....chris is a save fabricator

Comment

Getting down to the short list, Re-Wiring has started as well, Kevin is working from the back forward, We got rid of the vehicle computer as well so the only computer will be the ECU for the cummins, I am running dual batteries mounted in a custom "river Raft" box that sits in the from of the bed, it also doubles as a box for recovery gear
                      We are now T minus 14 days to completion

Comment

Wow, looking great.
                        Looks so close to finished!!!
                        Ward
                        2015 Dodge Ram 5500 "Intercontinental Cruiser" RV
                        2007 Jeep JK w/ AT Habitat and lots of AEV goodies.
                        2005 Jeep LJ Rubicon
                        2014 Jeep JK

Comment

Working...
                        X